• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Graduate Transfer CBs

Guess it depends upon what you want to get out of college -- if just a pre-occupation period of time, OK. Whiz through and save some money. And yes, I do actually understand what AP courses are, and understand the cost of college having had four of my own that I paid for. Doesn't change my sadness that education has become occupational. There's much more to life than that.

Looks like with Watkins heading to Houston, we are looking at other grad transfer options. I had once said we would be closer to 80 than 85 with scholarships, but with two grad transfers coming in and another almost certainly coming and only a couple more guys left to leave the program, looks like this staff may get us closer to 85 after all.

Looks like with Watkins heading to Houston, we are looking at other grad transfer options. I had once said we would be closer to 80 than 85 with scholarships, but with two grad transfers coming in and another almost certainly coming and only a couple more guys left to leave the program, looks like this staff may get us closer to 85 after all.

Thanks for the insight, ***. I hope the grad transfer fix is just a one-season deal. These guys have no love for NU, just a desire to keep playing & improve their NFL chances. If they keep giving 100% even after we get kicked in the teeth then great but I've always been skeptical about grad transfers.

Thanks for the insight, ***. I hope the grad transfer fix is just a one-season deal. These guys have no love for NU, just a desire to keep playing & improve their NFL chances. If they keep giving 100% even after we get kicked in the teeth then great but I've always been skeptical about grad transfers.
I will tell you this probably isn't a one year fix. There is some definite talent in this market that you can take advantage of. That being said, you probably won't see it quite to the level we are doing it year 1 in the coming years. If you count Breon Dixon, we have Vainuku, Jackson, one more grad transfer is almost certainly coming, that's roughly four guys. The reason there are so many now is because we are trying to turn things over so quick, and a reach on a grad transfer guy only costs you a couple years if they turn out to be a dud. If you reach on a high school kid he's yours for 4-5 years. You may just see 1 or 2 a year after these first couple years, but I think the staff really likes doing it and the guys they can get from this type of recruiting.

Last edited:
I will tell you this probably isn't a one year fix. There is some definite talent in this market that you can take advantage of. That being said, you probably won't see it quite to the level we are doing it year 1 in the coming years. If you count Breon Dixon, we have Vainuku, Jackson, one more grad transfer is almost certainly coming, that's roughly four guys. The reason there are so many now is because we are trying to turn things over so quick, and a reach on a grad transfer guy only costs you a couple years if they turn out to be a dud. If you reach on a high school kid he's yours for 4-5 years. You may just see 1 or 2 a year after these first couple years, but I think the staff really likes doing it and the guys they can get from this type of recruiting.
I do like this aspect of Coach Frosts' recruiting right now though. It shows that 2018 is not just going to be a throw away year.

Do you actually understand what AP (advanced placement) courses are? Kids take courses in HS that are commiserate with the expected level in college. Then, they have to pass a test to get that college credit. These are offered for college intro classes.

In this day and age of skyrocketing tuition, this is a great way to be able to cut costs. But don't be fooled, getting AP credits in HS is challenging. As for "what does this contribute to his life education experience?" These aren't the Animal House days. Going to college is a crippling financial cost now. His experience would be "Damn, I'm glad I'm not $50k in debt to get a job that pays $50k a year."

I took those back when I was in high school and I was able to get done one semester early in college because of that. I somehow passed the AP Chemistry test even though I was terrible in the class itself. Go figures lol. I was just glad that I didn't have to take it in college again :Biggrin:. Also, my high school (Omaha Burke) also had dual enrollment with UNO so I was able to get college credit for Calculus just by getting a passing grade in the class.

I do like this aspect of Coach Frosts' recruiting right now though. It shows that 2018 is not just going to be a throw away year.

Yes, we've lived through those years in the past. Or at least it seemed a coach and staff were not all "in" on a season.

I took those back when I was in high school and I was able to get done one semester early in college because of that. I somehow passed the AP Chemistry test even though I was terrible in the class itself. Go figures lol. I was just glad that I didn't have to take it in college again :Biggrin:. Also, my high school (Omaha Burke) also had dual enrollment with UNO so I was able to get college credit for Calculus just by getting a passing grade in the class.

LOL, I majored in chemistry, and have been a chemist in industry for almost 20 years. What I've learned in that time is I still suck at chemistry. :Biggrin:

LOL, I majored in chemistry, and have been a chemist in industry for almost 20 years. What I've learned in that time is I still suck at chemistry. :Biggrin:

All I know about chemistry is that I want 6.022140857 × 10 to the 23 power of kick arse Husker football

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back