• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Go figure

I don't understand the Tebow hate. He's an excellent human being and an amazing athlete.

I don't understand the Tebow hate. He's an excellent human being and an amazing athlete.
Because he is given opportunities that he doesn't deserve. How many baseball players are promoted with a .220/.311/.336 slash line?

Last edited:
Because he is given opportunities that he doesn't deserve. How many baseball players are promoted with a .220/.311/.336 slash line?

I've seen hundreds in my lifetime. Most were for different reasons than Tebow's promotion though. He's proving he can play at that level at least.

I don't know that anyone hates Tebow the human being. No doubt he's a great dude. But, he's an athlete that has been put on a pedestal and received more attention than any average to below-average professional athlete in sports history. For several years now. That's the "hate." There has been thousands upon thousands of professional athletes over the decades to perform at Tebow's level -- and they've never made a single headline.

More power to him if he succeeds in baseball. But he's a long ways from major league ready (and he's not young). Granted, I could see the lowly Mets call him up late-season simply to boost ticket sales in what has been a disastrous season. Regardless, I'd never root against him.

Last edited:
Agree with all of that. Every single liberal that I know can't stand Tebow though. I think it's political for some. They don't like that he's religious, had Bible verse eye black, prayed after touchdowns, and did an anti-abortion commercial with his mom. Conversely, some people like him because of it.

Yes, the media is over-the-top with Tebow mania, but he could be the greatest college player of all time, some of it is warranted. Personally, couldn't stand him in college. Post-college, I can't explain it, I just love me some Tebow. The religion thing doesn't matter to me. I think what changed me is his recruitment documentary. Dude is tough as nails, a throwback, which is why I like him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back