• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Give me your opinion....

Almost any pitcher on any team at any level would probably look pretty similar to the bottom 2 pictures....the top one however, is alarming.

The middle one is close,the bottom is the best example, but look at their elbow position relative to the weight on their front foot. Pitching coaches talk a lot about "staying back." That instruction is aimed at solving that issue; you don't want your weight getting ahead of your arm, that leads to the elbow issues. There are major league organizations that won't draft kids that have that issue, regardless of their talent, because they know they are going to have to pay for a UCL issue at some point.

The middle one is close,the bottom is the best example, but look at their elbow position relative to the weight on their front foot. Pitching coaches talk a lot about "staying back." That instruction is aimed at solving that issue; you don't want your weight getting ahead of your arm, that leads to the elbow issues. There are major league organizations that won't draft kids that have that issue, regardless of their talent, because they know they are going to have to pay for a UCL issue at some point.

Lots of stress on the front of the elbow and shoulder in those pictures.

I agree with Bilsker and weatherman. It is frustrating to not be allowed national relevance due to our conference. However I judge the team by the eye test (I'm no guru) and how we do in conference and 1 out of 12 conf championships makes us solidly average and I see no reason for us not to be above avg in this conference. This year we are also failing the eye test miserably.

Make us above avg in conference or pull the plug and spend the money on football, basketball, or somewhere where it can do good.

I just googled "Husker baseball photographs"

Here are some pictures of our pitchers under Silva:

573bd8374c44a.image.jpg

5a8ca56863b84.image.jpg

54e3e0fbf1919.image.jpg

That’s awful!

tenor.gif

And I'm certainly not convinced we can do any better than Erstad. Not necessarily because I believe he's a quality head coach. But especially because who in the hell else are we going to get to replace him that's worth a hill of beans?!

What? Are you serious? In Anderson's last year he was making 450k+ with endorsements. Are you telling me that 7 years later 500k couldn't hire us a baseball coach?

How about Will Bolt at A&M???

Erstad ABSOLUTELY should be judged by post-season success. I'm not talking about CWS appearances, but in 6 years, Erstad and his Magic World Series ring has produced one, ONE, post-season win, over Binghamton.

And two, TWO post-season losses to teams without scholarships.

Last edited:

What? Thats a new one!

My lefty, picture perfect form, taught by John Maganaro, former Wayne St. coach, and best pitching coach in this state:

John Pitch.jpg

What? Are you serious? In Anderson's last year he was making 450k+ with endorsements. Are you telling me that 7 years later 500k couldn't hire us a baseball coach?

Erstad ABSOLUTELY should be judged by post-season success. I'm not talking about CWS appearances, but in 6 years, Erstad and his Magic World Series ring has produced one, ONE, post-season win, over Binghamton.

I think if you read all of my posts on this subject, all of your questions will be answered.

Will Bolt he says lol. Bolt left here because you can't recruit JUCOs as easily in the B1G due to having to have the scholarship open and available before they sign which is his biggest pipeline after being a head coach at one. Clueless.

Also, the "magic world series ring" brought a ring to Lincoln for the first time in over a decade for a major mens sport in 2017. Was almost lured away by the Los Angeles Dodgers, and an SEC team wanted him to interview for their opening after his coach of the year award last year and he told them no. But i'm sure you're right, we are Nebraska, don't they know when we played in a different conference how much better we were?

Entitled Husker fan gonna entitled Husker fan.

Will Bolt he says lol. Bolt left here because you can't recruit JUCOs as easily in the B1G due to having to have the scholarship open and available before they sign which is his biggest pipeline after being a head coach at one. Clueless.

Also, the "magic world series ring" brought a ring to Lincoln for the first time in over a decade for a major mens sport in 2017. Was almost lured away by the Los Angeles Dodgers, and an SEC team wanted him to interview for their opening after his coach of the year award last year and he told them no. But i'm sure you're right, we are Nebraska, don't they know when we played in a different conference how much better we were?

Entitled Husker fan gonna entitled Husker fan.

Don't make excuses for Erstad. One B1G title by half game, whoopee. Then Holy Cross knocks 'em out of regionals. Erstad sucks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back