• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia locked in?

Agreed. It's almost impossible to find anything about this kid not to like.

If he gets beat out by AM, he gets beat out. I want the best player on the field, not the one with the weirdest fan club.
Exactly my point in all of these threads. All these folks trying to force people to say who they want as the starter. I want who Scott and Mario want. If that is Gebbia fine, AM, fine, someone else, sure. Whoever gives us the best shot at winning as chosen by the coaches.

My guess is that all three will play sometime this season. With expanded schedules and in our case, a very physical schedule, it would not surprise me that all three will start a game this year. I hope I'm wrong on that one, but QBs get injured, and a healthy one may be the best choice at some game down the line. Luckily, we have depth there for a change.

I still think AM redshirts and we roll with Gebbia as #1 and Bunch as #2. If AM is just that good/healthy and he wins the job then so be it. I want the best QB on the field and for the first time in a long time, we appear to have more than one fully capable guy.

Just believe that AM's shoulder isn't quite 100% and that the year absorbing all that goes with NU football and getting stronger is the path the staff will take. Maybe get him some time under center with the new RS rules. Will be an interesting fall, that's for sure.

Exactly my point in all of these threads. All these folks trying to force people to say who they want as the starter. I want who Scott and Mario want. If that is Gebbia fine, AM, fine, someone else, sure. Whoever gives us the best shot at winning as chosen by the coaches.

I hear ya. As if who we want makes any difference. I want to win regardless of who’s taking snaps, not make an overzealous poster on a fan forum ‘right’.

I can’t lose no matter who wins the battle. They’re all Huskers and all seem to be good kids. What’s not to like?

I think AM starts if he's near 100% healthy. Its been a long time since the shoulder surgery. Interesting that every national talking head that has commented on this QB race points to AM based on the spring game and the fact that this is SF's recruit.

I think TG has a decent chance to start but it won't be because of his attitude...it will be because he is gives NU the best chance to win. Interviews are nice....TD's and Wins are what counts. One of the these boys will step up this fall and take control imo.

SF is building for the future and neither TG nor AM has real game experience so he's starting from scratch and has 3-4 years (barring injury or a newcomer superstar) with whoever he picks. I think he goes with his guy but we'll all know in a few months.

Last edited:

Gebbia stated that the most important thing is to play the QB that gives NU the best chance to win. He is all about team goals. Gotta love it.

Which QB will give us the best chance to win?

Adam Carriker and I both agree that it will likely be TG or AM. We both give the nod to AM because he is without question the superior runner. TG can study film for days but it won't enable him to duplicate the explosive first step of AM or duplicate AM's speed and elusiveness as a runner in the open field.

Carriker and I agree that TG's best chance to become the starter is to prove he is a better passer than AM. I think TG is an exceptional passer but I think AM is an exceptional passer as well. I don't see much separation there.

We will face some fierce dragons this year, and to slay them SF will use every playmaker he can muster. To me, AM looks like the best playmaker we have at QB. Dwayne Haskins of tOSU is going to make big plays. We will have to make big plays of our own.

TG and AB could prove to be better error-free game managers than AM. SF might want to go with that. But AM's escapability and running ability will definitely pose a big problem for the opposition and I can't see SF wanting to leave it on the sideline.

I recall how Taylor Martinez burst on the scene with his fantastic runs. He was getting Heisman hype after just a few games. I can see AM being similarly dangerous as a runner while also being a much better passer. AM isn't TM fast but he is awfully fast and more elusive. Can the Heisman hype come for AM as quickly as it for TM? I think it is possible. It has happened before and it can happen again. And if that happens, it will give us our best chance to win the West.

Yep, after just a few games TM became T-Magic and had his own song. To win the West we may need to see something similar... the instant emergence of A-Magic. And if that happens, TG will fully support it - "Whoever can put the most wins on the scoreboard, that's what's most important," said Gebbia.

When TM arrived on the scene, teams tried to contain him, but they couldn't. He was just too good. We saw the same thing with Wisconsin's Johnathan Taylor last season....a true freshman. Is AM one of those players who is just too good to contain? Hopefully, yes, Hypefully, I think so.

Lest we forget...great playmakers can suddenly materialize in scarlet and cream.

]

Let's all hope AM doesn't get hurt like TM did as a freshman, get overused after the injury, and have the entire trajectory of his career changed.

I still think AM redshirts and we roll with Gebbia as #1 and Bunch as #2. If AM is just that good/healthy and he wins the job then so be it. I want the best QB on the field and for the first time in a long time, we appear to have more than one fully capable guy.

Just believe that AM's shoulder isn't quite 100% and that the year absorbing all that goes with NU football and getting stronger is the path the staff will take. Maybe get him some time under center with the new RS rules. Will be an interesting fall, that's for sure.
Why does everyone think it takes so long for a 17 year old to heal?

Back in January when he played in the Under Armour All America game, his doctor said his shoulder was already better than it was his entire high school career when he played with a partial tear.

I think TG has a decent chance to start but it won't be because of his attitude...
Not sure what you mean by this?
1. Attitude Made Tfraz>Brook
2. Attitude is what would have gotten Brook drafted despite being a back up.
3. Attitude is what made SF refuse to quit in the Mizzou game then kick the crap out of Peyton a month later.
4. It was attitude that made the entire Texas Oline look like fools when Suh wore them out.

Talent is certainly a big part of it. Without it attitude will only carry you so far. Attitude was what the greatest NE teams were built on. Attitude is what makes a walk on pay ahead of a 4 star athlete. Happens all the time.

After reading the article in the front page...dude sounds locked in. Sorry Paramus, I know you're all about AM, but this dude speaks like a true lrader. Hopefully we've got a few great leaders that we don't know about yet. My only concern is he's still listed at 185#. Maybe @*** will know if he's gained more weight. I'd think by now he'd be up to 200-210. If he's serious about being a contender then he'd better get there. I know it's just another QB thread, but I like Geb's and hope that his team only attitude pays dividends for us in the future.

He may not be able to add that much muscle. It’s possible he is maxed out with his frame.

Back in January when he played in the Under Armour All America game, his doctor said his shoulder was already better than it was his entire high school career when he played with a partial tear.

Completing passes in HS with a bum shoulder <> completing passes in college with a still-not-100% shoulder. Need more zip on the ball in college and I think even the coaches said AM still didn't have the mustard that he should have yet due to the injury not very long ago. Maybe that's fine and maybe he's just so much better than Gebbia/Bunch by the time the first game rolls around that you go with that. Or maybe the shoulder gets a little stronger by then. We'll see soon enough.

I'm struggling to understand this too. There is zero talk by coaches regarding the shoulder issue since April. And he was that good then. Seems like a few fans keep bringing it up like its a reason to red shirt possibly your best player. At this point, if he injures the shoulder in a game it would be a new injury.......not a re-injure.

I'm struggling to understand this too. There is zero talk by coaches regarding the shoulder issue since April. And he was that good then. Seems like a few fans keep bringing it up like its a reason to red shirt possibly your best player. At this point, if he injures the shoulder in a game it would be a new injury.......not a re-injure.

And the coaches now have 4 games to roll the dice with the new redshirt rules.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back