• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Future non-con opponents announced.

2020 looks pretty weak imo. Cincinnati, Central Michigan and South Dakota State.

At least Georgia Southern is FBS, but I could do without North Dakota and SDSU. I'm going to assume these were put in motion by Eichorst, and there wasn't much Moos could do to find some better non-conference opponents. Scheduling FCS opponents 7-10 years in advance just seems lazy, especially when you only have 3 non-conference games to fill.

At least Georgia Southern is FBS, but I could do without North Dakota and SDSU. I'm going to assume these were put in motion by Eichorst, and there wasn't much Moos could do to find some better non-conference opponents. Scheduling FCS opponents 7-10 years in advance just seems lazy, especially when you only have 3 non-conference games to fill.
Agree, I think Nebraska should always have at least one P5 non-conference opponent

I would say only having 3 non-conference games is the exact reason you go the FCS route, and it's one of the reasons the B1G lifted not being able to schedule FCS.

I would say only having 3 non-conference games is the exact reason you go the FCS route, and it's one of the reasons the B1G lifted not being able to schedule FCS.

Still not impressed with scheduling FCS schools so far in advance. I get you don't want to be caught without an opponent to play, but there will always be FCS schools willing to change their schedules on short notice to get that sweet FBS money. Sure, it might mean playing a program like Drake instead of North Dakota, but what's the difference?

Still not impressed with scheduling FCS schools so far in advance. I get you don't want to be caught without an opponent to play, but there will always be FCS schools willing to change their schedules on short notice to get that sweet FBS money. Sure, it might mean playing a program like Drake instead of North Dakota, but what's the difference?
Drake and North Dakota are basically the exact same program. Horrible. Anymore we are looking to lock up the schedule early and get the sure win with an FCS school. With the conference changing to nine games, we are just trying to get our schedules in-tact then figure out how it plays out with scheduling later. We do not want to get in a position where we pay someone 1.75 million to come play us because we have an open date we can't fill.

Last edited:
If you are gong to schedule FCS opponents, you should schedule cupcakes, not good teams like South Dakota State. No matter what happens in those games you aren't going to get any credit for a victory even if you blow them out. And if the other team manages to keep it close it will be used against you no matter how good the FCS team actually is.

For the record i'm certainly not advocating a Cincy, Cent Michigan, SDSU non-conference schedule as what we should be aiming for.

If I were AD, i'd get an FCS for sure win on there. Schedule Kansas, Iowa State, Colorado, someone from the old Big 8/12 that even if they stink our fans are happy to be playing again. Then a game like we have been with UCLA, Miami, Oklahoma coming up, etc. Marquee game, for sure win, then a team we are used to playing but as of now should be a for sure win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back