• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost's Thoughts during Lincoln Chamber Event at PBA and on Sports Nightly from 2-27-19 (Post #49)

D0baQqbXgAA7RPP.jpg

More from Christopherson...
Frost said there were "tears and emotion" when D-line coach Mike Dawson made his decision to leave Nebraska.
Frost said new D-line coach Tony Tuioti was a guy who not only could understand the language well of the 3-4 scheme, but is a good man. Also said with Tuioti's seven kids, including several boys, some Lincoln high school is going to get some really good football players.

On S & C...
Frost said Zach Duval told him Nebraska players have, on average, have had a 100-pound gain on squat since he arrived, more than a 50-pound gain on bench, and added 13 pounds of lean muscle per player. Said Duval just texted him, "Old Nebraska is just about back."
Frost recalled that Nebraska used to run S & C testing results in the media when he was a player. Said he didn't want to do that when he arrived because it would have embarrassed some guys at the time.
Frost said he can't wait to see what Nebraska can do combining top 25 recruiting classes and the current S & C program. Said it killed him seeing Big Ten teams that were bigger and stronger than his team.

Last edited:
On culture...
Year 1s stink, Frost said. He's glad it's in the past, and the culture is building. Says a wise man told him the other day, "'Culture eats scheme for breakfast' ... and I think that's true."
Frost said he didn't think the #Huskers were ready for a Unity Council last year. Didn't say for sure if the culture of leadership is quite ready for it yet, but added, "We're on our way from that standpoint too."

From Parker Gabriel‏ @HuskerExtraPG
Frost: "I think continuity is important." Points to that as part of the success when he was here. "There's some programs that change coaches every year to varying degrees of success."
Frost: "We did a nationwide search" and landed on Tony Tuioti. "Just a side note, they've got seven children and four are boys, so someone's high school football team is about to get a lot better."
Frost: I'm smart enough to know we can't have all guys that are just like me. I think we've got a good mix of personalities on the coaching staff.

More from Gabriel...
Scott Frost is riffing on the "Honestly, It's not for everyone," slogan. "I'm not sure that's going to help us in recruiting," he says with a smile. "That's like a restaurant saying, "we have pretty good food. Some people like it."
When my 11 year old first heard the slogan on a commercial, he said, "Dad...that's really stupid."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back