• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost's first season at UCF

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Inheriting an 0-12 Frost finished his first regular season 6-6 but easily could have been 8-4...UCF lost in double overtime at Maryland and lost a one point heart breaker to the league champion Temple. With a little luck he'd have finished 8-4 they also came within a touchdown 24-31 of beating a good Houston team.

Inheriting an 0-12 Frost finished his first regular season 6-6 but easily could have been 8-4...UCF lost in double overtime at Maryland and lost a one point heart breaker to the league champion Temple. With a little luck he'd have finished 8-4 they also came within a touchdown 24-31 of beating a good Houston team.

UCF wasn't a team without talent. It was a team without heart. Frost gave them a heart and they went 6-6.

In 2013 they went 12-1, 2014 they went 9-4, 2015 they went 0-12 but prior to that season they were expected to go 8-4. They were not a team without talent, in fact they were probably playing beneath their talent. O'Leary had played out as a coach, he had health and personal issues, he took on the role of AD, he saw himself as the program. All that came together and killed their 2015 season.

Frost walked into a shattered program and he brought heart, direction, faith. There was a skepticism that he would work out when he first arrived and I remember a lot of angst and questioning when he brought in new players to fit his scheme and let go of some "stars" that didn't.

I would say the Nebraska program is in a similar place. Frost has an opportunity to do something very special, he is willing to do the work, he is willing to make the hard decisions to bring in the right people, he is going to lead the players by example, they are going to win and when they don't win we will still be happy because they will have left everything they have on the field pursuing the win. That is the heart Frost is bringing.

While we have some good talent and I believe SF will bring back heart and effort the schedule is brutal. @ Mich. Wis. NW Ohio St. and Iowa and throw in home against the buffies and Mich. St. won't make it easy

While we have some good talent and I believe SF will bring back heart and effort the schedule is brutal. @ Mich. Wis. NW Ohio St. and Iowa and throw in home against the buffies and Mich. St. won't make it easy

It is going to be a tough season but we do have one big thing working in our favor. None of the teams we play know what Frost is going to actually do. They won't be able to prepare. Of course the other side of that is a lot of our players won't be totally clued in on what we are doing either.

Let me think now ........

In UCF, inheriting an 0-12. Frost finished his first regular season 6-6

In NU, inheriting an 4-8. Frost finished his first regular season 6+4 inherited wins ..... thus NU, 10 wins and 2 losses !!! :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward 12 wins and 0 losses but 10W-2L ...... will be acceptable :Koolaid2:

Last edited:
With this year's schedule, the record may not necessarily reflect the changes I am positive we'll see. But I think the attitude and effort will be vastly different compared to last year. You're not going to half-way yourself around the field with Frost and his staff.

It is going to be a tough season but we do have one big thing working in our favor. None of the teams we play know what Frost is going to actually do. They won't be able to prepare. Of course the other side of that is a lot of our players won't be totally clued in on what we are doing either.
Not being a smart aleck but won't they just watch UCF film from when SF was the coach?

UCF wasn't a team without talent. It was a team without heart. Frost gave them a heart and they went 6-6.

In 2013 they went 12-1, 2014 they went 9-4, 2015 they went 0-12 but prior to that season they were expected to go 8-4. They were not a team without talent, in fact they were probably playing beneath their talent. O'Leary had played out as a coach, he had health and personal issues, he took on the role of AD, he saw himself as the program. All that came together and killed their 2015 season.

Frost walked into a shattered program and he brought heart, direction, faith. There was a skepticism that he would work out when he first arrived and I remember a lot of angst and questioning when he brought in new players to fit his scheme and let go of some "stars" that didn't.

I would say the Nebraska program is in a similar place. Frost has an opportunity to do something very special, he is willing to do the work, he is willing to make the hard decisions to bring in the right people, he is going to lead the players by example, they are going to win and when they don't win we will still be happy because they will have left everything they have on the field pursuing the win. That is the heart Frost is bringing.

Fla4neb... I agree with your post...however, I would also add that EVEN with the change of 'heart'....the 'talent' had to be brought out and greatly enhanced.... Heart first for sure...but then get the athlete to explode into their real potential....(lots of up-chuck workouts....and basics...basics...basics....)

damn that doubled bladed sword!

His challenge at Nebraska may be even greater than the one at UCF. UCF had been as good as 12-1 as recently as 2013. We haven't been anywhere close to that in 16 years. He'll get the job done, and we'll see results right away, but it'll be tough to turn it around as quickly as he did at UCF. That said...pass the Koolaid.

Last edited:

Not being a smart aleck but won't they just watch UCF film from when SF was the coach?
They can to get some idea, but they really dont know how the coaches are going to tweak things in the transition. Also, they wont know our tendencies with certain individuals and sub packages, at least for the first few games anyway.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back