• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost was offered the Florida job

The original article I read was from every day down south or something like that. It lost me when it painted the picture that the only reason Frost didn’t go to UF was because of the staff. Im sure there was a whole lot more than that. Sounded like a sour grapes article to me.

The original article I read was from every day down south or something like that. It lost me when it painted the picture that the only reason Frost didn’t go to UF was because of the staff. Im sure there was a whole lot more than that. Sounded like a sour grapes article to me.

I get the feeling the staff was just the thing to take them out of contention. I think all things being equal he ends up at Nebraska either way. That goes for all the other schools tossed out there as well.

I am glad that he is with us. His loyalty to his assistant coaches could play dividends as well. It shows that he appreciates the people around him that got him to where he is today. Beckton was the hardest pull as he was a lifetime Floridian. He also played and coached at UCF. Not wishing summer away, but I am excited for the season to start. This is the first time in a long time that I feel we have someone in place that can help improve our team and build it. I won’t try to pinpoint where we will end up record wise this season. I am looking at the following:

1. Do we improve as the season unfolds.
2. Depth chart surprises.
3. Strength and conditioning improvements. Can we start to wear teams down again?
4. Not getting blown out in games.
5. Players buying in. I think we are seeing this more with the weeding out of players.

I am going to enjoy the ride and be excited about how the foundation is being built for future success and domination. With that being said, the season can’t get here fast enough for me.

I am glad that he is with us. His loyalty to his assistant coaches could play dividends as well. It shows that he appreciates the people around him that got him to where he is today. Beckton was the hardest pull as he was a lifetime Floridian. He also played and coached at UCF. Not wishing summer away, but I am excited for the season to start. This is the first time in a long time that I feel we have someone in place that can help improve our team and build it. I won’t try to pinpoint where we will end up record wise this season. I am looking at the following:

1. Do we improve as the season unfolds.
2. Depth chart surprises.
3. Strength and conditioning improvements. Can we start to wear teams down again?
4. Not getting blown out in games.
5. Players buying in. I think we are seeing this more with the weeding out of players.

I am going to enjoy the ride and be excited about how the foundation is being built for future success and domination. With that being said, the season can’t get here fast enough for me.

Good post. And for the record, I am wishing summer away. Yesterday it was One Hundred Friggin' Fifteen degrees here. :Drool:

I like your list. I might add...

6. Coaches making strategic in-game adjustments.

Silly thread and weak sauce article. Scoot came here for lots of reasons...no other new school was seriously considered. We gave him literally everything he wanted and more. UCF offered up a non-competitive raise, but it doesn't seem that Scott solicited any other actual offers, let alone an offer that was the equivalent of what we offered. He was a virtual lock given the circumstances. Moos would've had to spit in Scott's cheerios to screw this up.

Last edited:
Silly thread and weak sauce article. Scoot came here for lots of reasons...no other new school was seriously considered. We gave him literally everything he wanted and more. UCF offered up a non-competitive raise, but it doesn't seem that Scott solicited any other actual offers, let alone an offer that was the equivalent of what we offered. He was a virtual lock given the circumstances. Moos would've had to spit in Scott's cheerios to screw this up.

Thread doesn’t seem silly. There have been claims on the board by some that no one else offered Frost or that Frost made a decision based on money. Beckton’s comments disprove that. Florida offered and to say a team who paid their coach over $4.5 last year couldn’t have been talking $5 mil is ridiculous. The money talks just never got serious (assumption on my part). We’d have needed to have some folks really step up to outbid UF so I’m happy they were rebuffed and it never came to that.

The fact that things fell perfectly into place at NU so SF didn’t need to talk seriously with Florida is irrelevant to those facts. Unless you think Beckton is a liar. However, I understand the need for the “Moos’s house is not in order” folks to maintain the narrative

Thread doesn’t seem silly. There have been claims on the board by some that no one else offered Frost or that Frost made a decision based on money. Beckton’s comments disprove that. Florida offered and to say a team who paid their coach over $4.5 last year couldn’t have been talking $5 mil is ridiculous. The money talks just never got serious (assumption on my part). We’d have needed to have some folks really step up to outbid UF so I’m happy they were rebuffed and it never came to that.

The fact that things fell perfectly into place at NU so SF didn’t need to talk seriously with Florida is irrelevant to those facts. Unless you think Beckton is a liar. However, I understand the need for the “Moos’s house is not in order” folks to maintain the narrative
You are reading in all kinds of things into this that just aren't there. You often call out others that you think do the same. You are just wrong.

You are reading in all kinds of things into this that just aren't there. You often call out others that you think do the same. You are just wrong.
Which statement was wrong?

Florida offered
SF wasn’t serious about said offer
Money wasn’t his primary motivator
Florida could possibly outbid NU all things being equal, which of course they weren’t.

Do tell

Which statement was wrong?

Florida offered
SF wasn’t serious about said offer
Money wasn’t his primary motivator
Florida could possibly outbid NU all things being equal, which of course they weren’t.

Do tell
At a minimum you have no facts to support the first 3 of these items, and the fourth item is smoke and mirrors.

Florida Offered
Really? Or did Florida have a preliminary meeting with SF to see if he'd consider an offer? Only SF knows the answer...not you, nor Beckton.

SF wasn't Serious about said "offer"
You want to argue about a hypothetical? We don't even know if he was offered, how much he was offered, or anything else. Play by yourself.

Money Wasn't his primary motivator
Who really knows but SF? I suspect coming home was of great value to him, being around MD/TO was of great value too...as was landing his lifelong dream job. Getting a HUGE offer with all those extras made this a no-brainer for him. Did the money matter? Of course it did, he wouldn't have come for $2 million. How SF ranked his motivators, no one but SF knows but money was a big one, perhaps the biggest...he wasn't coming for peanuts. Heck, what other school would basically doubled the salaries of his entire staff along with his HUGE offer? NONE.

Florida could possibly outbid us
Maybe...but clearly they didn't bother trying. We don't even know if they made any offer, let alone if they would in their wildest effort pay SF and his staff what we did. Silly making such arguments.

You are basing a lot on a glib off the cuff comment by an assistant with no details or actual support for his comment. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Of course you think its silly, because iirc the idea that SF might have turned down a better offer to come to NU goes against your narrative that SF is insincere when he says things that suggests this is his dream job but still torn because money wasn't the primary/only driving factor.

As expected, it seems you are hedging your bets in case SF doesn't work out or bolts for another school sometime later. I'm sure you are probably disappointed that MR didn't work out like you predicted, and now you seem to hang your cloud of despondency over anything regarding SF.

At a minimum you have no facts to support the first 3 of these items, and the fourth item is smoke and mirrors.

Florida Offered
Really? Or did Florida have a preliminary meeting with SF to see if he'd consider an offer? Only SF knows the answer...not you, nor Beckton.

You want to argue about a hypothetical? We don't even know if he was offered, how much he was offered, or anything else. Play by yourself.

Who really knows but SF? I suspect coming home was of great value to him, being around MD/TO was of great value too...as was landing his lifelong dream job. Getting a HUGE offer with all those extras made this a no-brainer for him. Did the money matter? Of course it did, he wouldn't have come for $2 million. How SF ranked his motivators, no one but SF knows but money was a big one, perhaps the biggest...he wasn't coming for peanuts. Heck, what other school would basically doubled the salaries of his entire staff along with his HUGE offer? NONE.

Maybe...but clearly they didn't bother trying. We don't even know if they made any offer, let alone if they would in their wildest effort pay SF and his staff what we did. Silly making such arguments.

You are basing a lot on a glib off the cuff comment but an assistant. Have a nice day.
If no one but SF knows these things, then why do you suggest insincerity in the statements he made when he took the job?

If you are accusing others of reading too much into things, then why do you suggest insincerity in the statements SF made when he took the job?

Last edited:

Florida Offered

You are basing a lot on a glib off the cuff comment by an assistant with no details or actual support for his comment. Have a nice day.
I’ll take Beckton at his word, thanks. I know you want to be technical about what kind of offer it was, and I’m not claiming they put it in writing and sent over a contract.

As for your money comments, Florida pulled in almost 50 million more than NU in 2016. They easily could have paid SF more and doubled the assistant salaries. So too could A & M, Tennessee, and others who were looking. I understand your desire to continue defending statements you made as fact that continue to be proven wrong as we hear more from the staff and AD, but jeez dude

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back