• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost restrains Legarrette Blount - video

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
So it's off season. Seeing Blount running tonight for Philly reminded me of the time Scott had to restrain him after the game with Boise State when the Ducks played them in Boise.

Frost gets involved at the 1:12 mark until about the 1:44 mark. Don't mess with Scott Frost...

I

More like a punk ass sucker punch.
It wasn't really that much of a sucker punch. They were facing each other but just as he was throwing the punch, Petersen came up and pushed the kid on the shoulder and drew his attention away from the punch. And the kid made first contact. Watch from about the 2:15 mark.

Agreed. You hit someone in the face when they aren't even looking at you, that is a sucker punch.

It was definitely a sucker punch.

I have no idea what was said here, but that was a cheap shot, sucker punch.
I probably should have quoted Nemesis' post about his feelings that it wasn't a sucker punch. I remember being really disgusted by it at the time and that feeling still resonates with me.

Last edited:
Where else can we get into a semantics argument over whether something was a sucker punch or not?

It kind of turned into a sucker punch when Petersen stepped in, but I can't say it was meant to be a sucker punch. It was retaliatory.

And as bad as it looked, the guy popped right back up.

When I first saw it at the time (I was watching the game live), it looked pretty bad. But once you see the full replays from each angle and see everything leading up to it along with the coach's interference, it doesn't look nearly as bad.

It went from about 100% Blount in the wrong to about a 60/40.

Where else can we get into a semantics argument over whether something was a sucker punch or not?

It kind of turned into a sucker punch when Petersen stepped in, but I can't say it was meant to be a sucker punch. It was retaliatory.

And as bad as it looked, the guy popped right back up.

When I first saw it at the time (I was watching the game live), it looked pretty bad. But once you see the full replays from each angle and see everything leading up to it along with the coach's interference, it doesn't look nearly as bad.

It went from about 100% Blount in the wrong to about a 60/40.

Agree to 60/40 ish. Blount then went on to star in several more Youtube clips of punches thrown, so the pattern is there. Dude has a pretty good right hand - he should consider adding MMA routines to his off-season conditioning, and give Dana White a call when he's done carrying the rock on Sundays.

Agree to 60/40 ish. Blount then went on to star in several more Youtube clips of punches thrown, so the pattern is there. Dude has a pretty good right hand - he should consider adding MMA routines to his off-season conditioning, and give Dana White a call when he's done carrying the rock on Sundays.
Yeah, it was a nice punch.

After some consideration, I think I might adjust my percentages to 55% puncher, 40% punchee and 5% coach!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back