• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost on KOLN

solesrfr

Pura Vida!
10 Year Member
http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=91415&siteSection=husker&videoId=33831117

“I don’t think anybody has a lead at any position. It’s tough for us to evaluate how good a kid is going to be in the fall when they’re still learning the offense and defense because there’s mistakes being made that aren’t indicative of what’s going to happen when guys are familiar with the x’s and o’s,” Frost said. “So, Spring, for us, was more about getting them familiar, allowing them to learn, make mistakes and get better, and really this fall, once everybody’s fairly familiar with what we want to do, we’ll do more evaluation then.”

C

Last edited:

It's interesting how often in interviews Frost has mentioned that the players are underdeveloped and need improvement in strength and conditioning. I was a supporter of Riley until it was obvious last season he was not cut out to be the HC at NU. It speaks volumes about the previous staff to hear Frost talk about how much work his staff has to do with the current talent. I gave Riley a chance, but he was always the 'huh'? selection to me. I know it's cheesy, but in comparison Frost is the "uh huh" coach :)

It's interesting how often in interviews Frost has mentioned that the players are underdeveloped and need improvement in strength and conditioning. I was a supporter of Riley until it was obvious last season he was not cut out to be the HC at NU. It speaks volumes about the previous staff to hear Frost talk about how much work his staff has to do with the current talent. I gave Riley a chance, but he was always the 'huh'? selection to me. I know it's cheesy, but in comparison Frost is the "uh huh" coach :)
I think this is probably where most people were with MR and now where we are with HCSF.

Right there with ya. When Riley was hired, from day 1, I said you don't fire Bo Pelini for Mike Riley. But Riley was our coach and I was more than willing to give him a shot. Now I will say that there is so much dysfunction from the top down, that it didn't look anything close to what Riley probably wanted it to. Think about kids sitting out of practices or lifting sessions because they were sore, or in some instances because we "didn't want to risk a lawsuit." Which was not Riley or MPs call. It got pretty ludacris.

Last edited:

Well, I am guessing there is a bit of hyperbole in Coach Frost's descriptions - kinda like always hearing how the Germans are the best soldiers ever even thought hey have lost just about every modern war they were engaged in. I am absolutely certain (even though I have nothing to go on but hearsay) that there were cultural issues, and I am sure they were not ready for what Frost wants to do - but had Frost taken over Alabama and implemented his program, I am guessing their players would also need a lot of development and improvement, at least in conditioning.

Always make the task ahead look more difficult and under promise, so you exceed expectations.

Last edited:
Well, I am guessing there is a bit of hyperbole in Coach Frost's descriptions - kinda like always hearing how the Germans are the best soldiers ever even thought hey have lost just about every modern war they were engaged in. I am absolutely certain (even though I have nothing to go on but hearsay) that there were cultural issues, and I am sure they were not ready for what Frost wants to do - but had Frost taken over Alabama and implemented his program, I am guessing their players would also need a lot of development and improvement, at least in conditioning.

Always make the task ahead look more difficult and under promise, so you exceed expectations.
Oh no it's a knowledge bomb.
images

I remember TO used to say the next opponent was always good, even if it was 0-3 Directional State U.

Right there with ya. When Riley was hired, from day 1, I said you don't fire Bo Pelini for Mike Riley. But Riley was our coach and I was more than willing to give him a shot. Now I will say that there is so much dysfunction from the top down, that it didn't look anything close to what Riley probably wanted it to. Think about kids sitting out of practices or lifting sessions because they were sore, or in some instances because we "didn't want to risk a lawsuit." Which was not Riley or MPs call. It got pretty ludacris.
I always thought Riley was a stopgap solution until the right guy came along. Why he got renewed I just don't know. Sounds like he catered to the players too much and wouldn't tell SE to take a hike

I always thought Riley was a stopgap solution until the right guy came along. Why he got renewed I just don't know. Sounds like he catered to the players too much and wouldn't tell SE to take a hike

Riley catered to everybody, that's why he was so popular, especially among the media. A football coach that strives to keep everybody happy all the time wins about 50% of his games, at most.

Guys like Belichik and Saban know who they have to keep happy, but of course the organizations in which they work are not dysfunctional like Nebraska has been the last few years.

Imagine Eichorst telling Saban that he had to bring in some outsiders to teach his defenders how to tackle.:Rolf:

Last edited:
Riley sucked, Eichorst sucked.

“I am having fun,” Frost said. “Looking at the jobs, when we decided to take this one, we took it on its own merits. But, I didn’t realize how special it’d be to be back in this state and around lots of people I know, and around friends and family, and trying to do the best I can for this program with all that support and all those people that I care about right around me,” he said. “And, if we can get done what we want to get done here, it’s going to be more special than it would be anywhere else.”

C

Last edited:

"When we decided to take the Nebraska job". It's all we and he will be able to implement that all the way down to the water boy. He really is doing this the right way.

What a cool interview. I liked how Frost singled Grant Wistrom for his leadership (and the significance of that leadership) on the 97 team.

I also really enjoyed the non-football segment towards the end... nice (albeit brief) insight to the person that Scott Frost is... intelligent, humble... overall, very high quality individual.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back