• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Free Solo" - Excellent movie. See it.

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
I'm not usually a big outdoor extreme sports documentary kind of guy, but this movie was fascinating. It is really an unguarded and balanced character study of a complex individual that isn't all rah rah, capped by by the amazing feat of the first unaided free solo of Yosemite's El Capitan.

I wouldn't encourage anyone squeamish about heights to go. I'm not typically too bad and I was squirming in my seat a few times. It's a pretty bizarre thing to do, if you ask me, but then I'm not this guy.

I want to see this. I’ve watched stories about how hard it was for everyone else to film his climb and whatnot and never thought of it from that perspective. Especially the guys also on the mountain next to him doing the filming. They were safety harnessed in and would just have to watch him fall should anything go wrong. I couldn’t imagine that kind of anxiety.

I'm not usually a big outdoor extreme sports documentary kind of guy, but this movie was fascinating. It is really an unguarded and balanced character study of a complex individual that isn't all rah rah, capped by by the amazing feat of the first unaided free solo of Yosemite's El Capitan.

I wouldn't encourage anyone squeamish about heights to go. I'm not typically too bad and I was squirming in my seat a few times. It's a pretty bizarre thing to do, if you ask me, but then I'm not this guy.

Dan Osman used to be the world's best free solo climber.

"Used to be."
He left behind a young daughter because his lack of discipline in his personal life spilled over into his recreation.

He was used as a cautionary tale when I went through climbing instructor training 15 yrs ago. But he was very skilled nonetheless.

Alex even does a tribute to him, dressed like him and everything

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back