• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frank Solich

Section 104

Recruit
5 Year Member
I read the Sports Illustrated article about Scott Frost and just got to thinking about whether it is now time for Frank Solich and Nebraska to reconcile. My father taught at Lincoln Southeast and considered Frank a friendly acquaintance. Several years ago dad was coming into a Runza with another retired teacher as Frank was leaving, he turned around and came back in to visit with the old geezers for a few minutes. I believe he is a good man and a great Husker! Hope it happens some day.

I read the Sports Illustrated article about Scott Frost and just got to thinking about whether it is now time for Frank Solich and Nebraska to reconcile. My father taught at Lincoln Southeast and considered Frank a friendly acquaintance. Several years ago dad was coming into a Runza with another retired teacher as Frank was leaving, he turned around and came back in to visit with the old geezers for a few minutes. I believe he is a good man and a great Husker! Hope it happens some day.
There has been a ton of discussion on Frank. I felt he was hand tied when he took over.Always liked the man and coach. I agree that he will always be Husker.Jmo.GBR.

For the time, effort and dedication that Solich put in with regard to Nebraska football, and his storied contributions, both high school and college, there should definitely be an effort by the University to reach out to Frank and mend fences. He got a raw deal from Steve Pederson. And, don't get me started on the subject of SP.

Last edited:

I would really love to see the university intentionally. and with “mea culpa” in hand, reach out to Solich to make amends. The loss of that relationship has always filled me with regret, no matter how much I did or did not like him as the HC.

Last edited:

I don't expect to ever know the entire story, but a couple of years back Sipple mentioned in his column that Harvey Perlman hired Steve Pederson for the purpose of firing Frank Solich. Considering how Perlman went about hiring Shawn Eichorst, I consider Sipple's argument to be credible.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back