• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fox Football commercial

Of course, shows our "players" standing in the middle of nowhere in a cornfield... :rolleyes:

I think Nebraska should be happy just to make the commercial based on the finish last season. If we have a good season this year...maybe they will show actual game footage next year. :thumbsup:

We have the most unique name in american sports.

Love your pride, although this statement is probably a bit myopic. There are other candidates....."Thundering Herd", "Haymakers", and "Wooden Shoes". And what about the "Cattle Feeders" from Everly, Iowa ? If that doesn't jive somehow with "Cornhuskers"...then I dunno!

Love your pride, although this statement is probably a bit myopic. There are other candidates....."Thundering Herd", "Haymakers", and "Wooden Shoes". And what about the "Cattle Feeders" from Everly, Iowa ? If that doesn't jive somehow with "Cornhuskers"...then I dunno!
Huskerthom said:
We have the most unique name in american sports.

The Banana Slugs of UC Santa Cruz is pretty damn unique too.

I don't know any of those teams so obviously they are not as well known. Well maybe one is the thundering herd Marshall

We have the most unique name in american sports. Which also happens to match the character of our state. Hard working, strong people. How about we embrace it?

Actually, the Big Ten has some of the more unique mascots in American sports, largely due to their age.

I can't think of a single team called Hawkeyes, Illini, Hoosiers, Buckeyes, or Terrapins in all other sports. And there are a few like NITTANY Lions, GOLDEN Gophers or SCARLET Knights who get a bit more unique because of their compound names.

Michigan State or Northwestern have the blandest mascot in the conference, by far. Thousands of Spartan and Wildcat teams across sports.

Tip of the hat to Oklahoma, here, as I think "Sooner" is every bit as unique and personifies a whole state like Cornhuskers does for Nebraska.

Last edited:

Scottsdale fighting artichokes

Concordia cobbers (corncobs)

Hoopeston cornjerkers

Go Chokes!
156d8c617e41b6192a666941c731d97e--the-artichoke-community-college.jpg

C

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back