• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former SEAL eagerly meets his next challenge as a Husker football player

Great story, thanks for posting. I've got a feeling he'll become an anchor in the middle before he's done here. Seems to be a fast learner considering what he's done in the past without any prior experience. :Cheers:here's to becoming a future Linebacker at the University of Nebraska!

I love the idea of having a more mature guy in the freshman class. Will hopefully be able to impart some wisdom and life experiences to his teammates.

The article mentioned him manhandling and throwing another SEAL off his feet in a training drill. I don't know a thing about this guy's football technique, but we did pretty well with another late-football bloomer who tossed quarterbacks around and ruined Colt McCoy's Heisman chances.

I love the idea of having a more mature guy in the freshman class. Will hopefully be able to impart some wisdom and life experiences to his teammates.

The article mentioned him manhandling and throwing another SEAL off his feet in a training drill. I don't know a thing about this guy's football technique, but we did pretty well with another late-football bloomer who tossed quarterbacks around and ruined Colt McCoy's Heisman chances.
He wanted the Heisman more.

Aint that the truth! If the guy never sees the field I'm betting his maturity and attitude will permeate the team, making everyone stronger. Those young guys think their tough-they haven't a clue compared to a Navy Seal. This is going to be interesting to watch.
I'm willing to place a bet that he sees plenty of playing time. Wish we had 85 schollie players with his determination.

Feel free to blast me here with this take... but I was unaware he hadn't played football before. I find it odd we are turning down high school athlete of the year finalists in our own state who played football for walk-on spots but have room for Jackson. I love the story and do not doubt his heart or character, and i'm not saying this is a bad move. Just is interesting to me.

It sounds like they initially told him they didn't have room for him and he convinced them otherwise. It's a great story, and he can only help the team by setting the bar higher in the toughness department. That has to be worth handing out one more helmet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back