• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Floodgates officially open

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the beebs. Man he has aged. Still one of the most watched and richest guys on the planet. Calabraska strong

If that is Bieber, then technically that is a good thing (Calibraska advertising) as he still has a massive following and he does have a good voice/talent... that being said I can't stand the guy.

Looks like he has a catheter or maybe that is the string of his shorts, not sure? If it is a catheter, do we really want him?

Couple of thoughts...

1) After the MN game, do you think Tristan Gebbia's Dad might be second guessing his stance on firing Riley?

2) Maybe Riley tries to help us keep some of our current commits. He'll handle his resignation/retiring/firing or whatever it is, with class. Wouldn't he still wish for the best for NU? If he doesn't coach again, then there will be no place for our recruits to follow him to. Maybe he encourages the kids to stay committed, and maybe that hits home enough with at least a few of them, and we keep 'em on board.

Couple of thoughts...

1) After the MN game, do you think Tristan Gebbia's Dad might be second guessing his stance on firing Riley?

2) Maybe Riley tries to help us keep some of our current commits. He'll handle his resignation/retiring/firing or whatever it is, with class. Wouldn't he still wish for the best for NU? If he doesn't coach again, then there will be no place for our recruits to follow him to. Maybe he encourages the kids to stay committed, and maybe that hits home enough with at least a few of them, and we keep 'em on board.

1) I hope so. It's one thing if the fan base had turned on Riley for a 7-5 type of season, but can't you can't sit back and watch 4-8 with these kinds of losses and then conclude "this staff just needs more time". Hopefully there is something besides Riley and Langsdorf that Gebbia likes about the university and the program. And even better if KJ Sr. lets cooler heads prevail and supports the return of KJ Jr.

2) It would be great if MR could help like that in some capacity. He's done everything right off of the field, but helping us retain a few recruits and current players would probably turn out to be his greatest contribution to our on-field success. Going back to the first point, maybe MR can help with TG's father and with KJ Sr.

1) I hope so. It's one thing if the fan base had turned on Riley for a 7-5 type of season, but can't you can't sit back and watch 4-8 with these kinds of losses and then conclude "this staff just needs more time". Hopefully there is something besides Riley and Langsdorf that Gebbia likes about the university and the program. And even better if KJ Sr. lets cooler heads prevail and supports the return of KJ Jr.

2) It would be great if MR could help like that in some capacity. He's done everything right off of the field, but helping us retain a few recruits and current players would probably turn out to be his greatest contribution to our on-field success. Going back to the first point, maybe MR can help with TG's father and with KJ Sr.

1) FWIW, I think that Riley/Langsdorf are appealing to Gebbia because he can see himself overtaking POB and that these coaches would develop a good QB for the NFL. I am sure that Gebbia feels like Riley treats him right as well. Depending on Frost's offensive philosophy and QB/OC coach, I could see Frost retaining Gebbia, but I think that anything is possible re leave/stay.

2) I absolutely think that Riley will handle his dismissal with class, and he absolutely will not poison kids like Pelini did with his parting shots. I think that Riley will remind kids that NU has everything else going for it - academic support, fan base, facilities. But, I think that if he gives any advice to the team as a whole or specific players that he will tell kids to do what is right for them, but at the same time not to be hasty and throw the baby out with the bath water. The next coach, whoever it is, he will say will likely be a quality guy and players should give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back