• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

FLECK to Minni?

I think it's good for the B1GW...hopefully PJ will raise the competitiveness (and profile) of the division.

People say he's very gifted at creating trust and building relationships. Minnesota isn't going to freak out if he stumbles next year, and even has some issues the following. That's the difference, he'll have strong admin support and I doubt many of the fan base are going to be questioning the hire. The players may take time to sway, but I don't think he'll have the outside obstacles.

I have long thought that Minnesota could be a sleeping giant - big school, tradition, only school in the state, good facilities... could be a good fit for the right person

Only big School. There are a bunch of D2, D3 and naia schools.

Only big School. There are a bunch of D2, D3 and naia schools.

Absolutely. St Cloud State is a pretty big draw. UM-Duluth is big in hockey (obviously, its almost Canada) along with Bemidji State, and MN State-Mankato has been making noise in D2 basketball for the last 5 years or so.

I also think all the private schools really do a number on UM-TC... Concordia-Moorhead, Concorida-SP, Macalester, Gustavus Adolphus, St. Thomas, Augsburg, Bethel, Hamline, St. Catherine's, St. Olaf, and Northwestern -- all of these schools minus Gustavus and Concordia-Moorhead are in the TC metro area and all cost upwards of $30k for in-state kids. Its insane.

Not the best situation for Fleck. He's gonna be walking into a locker room that wasn't wanting a new coach.

Not the best situation for Fleck. He's gonna be walking into a locker room that wasn't wanting a new coach.
I would tend to agree. However... If Fleck is a good coach, it shouldn't matter. Should it??? To think that the players might cause some coaching challenges would be completely absurd and unheard of. :Eek:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back