• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fastest former Husker HS track times

Shanle's time is amazing to me, he behind every play at NU. Was amazed he played so well in the NFL. System and coaching make so much difference, top self athletes have looked average too much since 1998.
your thinking of Scott Shanle. he was bigger and slower but played LB.
Andrew was a DB and never played in the NFL

I was at the 1961 state track meet. (shows my age) Amazing year with McCloughan, Gayle Sayers and Bobby Williams. The track surface those days was not as fast as the current products. Williams ran a 9.5 hundred yards on a cinder track earlier that year. Admittedly they did not use electronic times then.

I would have thought Fabian would have made a run for it. But think he was closer to a 10.9. Ran 11.01 at state his junior year
https://californiastatechampionship...ile.php?event_id=454&do=videos&video_id=83526

That is interesting because he ended up running a 4.29 at the combine. Goes to show what development will do.
Ummm...

Just because you can run the first 36.58 meters in 4.29 seconds doesn't mean you are going to have a great time over the last 63.42 meters. Usain Bolt was almost always last over that first 36.58 meters... And he smoked everyone over that last 63+ meters.

Just curious how fast some guys were in HS on the track in 60, 100, 200 events.

Figured I would ask here since we got people all around the country in the forum.

I know Nate Gerry was up around 10.6/10.7

Curious what guys like Craver, Groce, Hughes, Grixby (DB), F. Washington were like for comparison to more recent recruiting targets. Good punt returners and defenders that had speed.

Don't know the times but Ammon Green and his uncle Mike Green were awfully fast back in the day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back