• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Familiarity with Sunshine State will help keep forecast sunny for Husker recruiting in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the idea that one state is the solution to our recruiting needs. We need to get the attitude to recruiting the best talent we need no matter where they are found. Florida, California, Texas are big pools but there is a lot of great talent in other places as well.

Georgia put together the top class in the country with 18 recruits from GA/FL alone. Why wouldn’t they put an emphasis on Florida? They have deep-rooted connections there, just lead a team to an undefeated season there and it’s packed with talent.

Don’t misinterpret an emphasis on Florida for a lack of interest in all other areas. They will recruit the best players for their system, nationwide. Just don’t be surprised if Florida has a lot of what they need.

I think the shift from Calibraska to Floribraska will benefit the program greatly.
I don't think it's as much a shift away from as much as just a higher emphasis based on relationships, familiarity, etc. Based on offers for future classes, California may be as important to the mix as it was the past 3 years. Florida will just be bigger than it was. This staff understands you don't have to sacrifice one to have the other.

Looks like the eight Florida signees want to establish Flobraska.

“We say Flobraska,” Jones says in his cool teen voice.

Doesn’t that roll off the tongue smoother? Just go with the flow, if you’re catching Jones’ drift.

Jones credits C.J. Smith, a fellow 2018 signee and a safety from West Palm Beach, Fla., as the creator of Flobraska. Search the #FLOBRASKA hashtag on Twitter, and you’ll find tweets from 2018 Florida recruits pumping out the phrase.

Land of Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back