• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/12/18) Photos Added From Sunday Scrimmage/ Tomorrow is an off day

HC said he would be giving more reps to one or two QBs after the scrimmage that "was coming up soon" at the time of his presser. I wonder if anyone separated themselves from the pack in the scrimmage enough to now be considered the likely starter at QB in Game one. Maybe practice today will reveal that.

He said there would be a depth chart coming out of the scrimmage and thus yeah the top two I would think will get the majority of the snaps with the Akron game looming in practice. Which makes perfect sense with that game so close and game planning I would assume just around the corner.

It will be announced in the next day or two I would assume.

Here are a few more photos from the link Joe posted

SOOYXOAPONZHEQX.20180812164506.JPG

Ball security!! :Lol:

HC said he would be giving more reps to one or two QBs after the scrimmage that "was coming up soon" at the time of his presser. I wonder if anyone separated themselves from the pack in the scrimmage enough to now be considered the likely starter at QB in Game one. Maybe practice today will reveal that.
Interesting point and challenge for the coaches. If #1 has separated himself from #2 enough to name him the starter, I can see them changing the reps, but it the separation isn't quite enough to name him yet, I could see them holding off on changing the reps between those two.

Now if #1 and #2 have separated themselves from #3 they could give those guys extra reps and all that would do would be intensify competition between the top 2 and send a signal to the team that the competition is fierce and open, so when a #1 is picked they will really have a lot of confidence in him.

I don't know. It's been so long since we've had a QB competition like this I've forgotten what they're like. It will be interesting to see how this all goes down.

Last edited:

Actually after going back and listening to what Frost said Friday about adjusting reps he did say they would in response to a question about QB reps but he said it was about all positions, not just QBs. And given that right before that he mentioned how the QBs weren't yet doing a good enough job making decisions fast, but then admitting that they were only a week into Fall practice, I'm betting they'll keep the competition equal between #1 and #2 for a little bit longer just to see what happens. But if they don't, it'll mean the competition wasn't really that close. JMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back