• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Ball

pRED

IN PLAY, RUN(S)
5 Year Member
Will be great to have Scott Schreiber and Luis Alvarado back next Spring; should be a chance to sustain forward momentum and have enough depth to be more competitive in the post-season matchups. Gotta admit though, the writers providing the coverage aren't especially diligent. Robbie Palkert (he's still with us, right?) had a lights out Summer in the North Woods League on Angelo Altavilla's St. Cloud Rox team. Luke Roskam, too (also still with us???), had a very good Summer for the Duluth Huskies of that league. Now if we can get our football team to happily bridge us to the baseball season!

Last edited:

Ya we had some guys with some great summers. This could be one of the more talented teams if we find some OF replacements. Have to replace Meyers and Alvarado out there. Our infield and pitching should be solid if we stay healthy. I wonder if Schreiber is the permanent RF with Hagge moving to CF, then we just have to find our LF.

Ya we had some guys with some great summers. This could be one of the more talented teams if we find some OF replacements. Have to replace Meyers and Alvarado out there. Our infield and pitching should be solid if we stay healthy. I wonder if Schreiber is the permanent RF with Hagge moving to CF, then we just have to find our LF.

***, have you heard anything about Luensmann? Hearing rumblings of a longer term arm injury.

Bumping this thread--hearing Luenseman is indeed out for the year with TJ surgery. Was hoping the original rumor I heard was false but doesn't appear it was.

Bumping this thread--hearing Luenseman is indeed out for the year with TJ surgery. Was hoping the original rumor I heard was false but doesn't appear it was.
:Bananalazy:

This is an obvious statement on my part, but it looks like someone is going to have to step into his role.

Not awesome...

Hearing Hohensee and Alvarado may trade roles tho, so not sure what to think here.

As far as pitching staffs go, closers are overrated, imo. Especially in college where save situations are not as common as in pro ball. If you have to take a hit somewhere, that's where I would take it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back