• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ethan Piper, DL/OL Norfolk Catholic is N

Everything about this guy is a huge positive (except for the fact he called our color crimson instead of scarlet..;)):
Very good athlete
Very good size
Plays hard
Excellent student
Could play either defense or offense
Loves Nebraska and really wants to play for the Scarlet and Cream
:Huskerflag:

You could not ask for a kid with a better GBR spirit/loyalty than this kid, but just from photos he looks like he might get pancaked by an OSU O-Line. He has some serious work in front of him to morph into a Suh frame if he wants to play at a Suh level.

Last edited:
You could not ask for a kid with a better GBR spirit/loyalty than this kid, but just from photos he looks like he might get pancaked by an OSU O-Line. He has some serious work in front of him to morph into a Suh frame if he wants to play at a Suh level.
Suh was 6'4" & 275lb out of high school. Piper is 6'4" & 275lb out of high school. He has some serious work ahead to stay the same. :Lol:

Last edited:

Suh was 6'4" & 275lb out of high school. Piper is 6'4" & 275lb out of high school. He has some serious work ahead to stay the same. :Lol:
6'4" 275 out of first semester of his junior year. On a class C weight program. Zach Sterup was 6'8" 275 out of HS, 6'8 320 @ NU. :Biggrin: I, too, am unconcerned.

His first name is Garrett. Started using Ethan as a freshman to avoid just this situation.

Seriously, if this kid never plays a down (unlikely), he is a great add for the locker room. Great family, hard working kids. This is a good get on so many levels.
Wow aren't you Debbie Downer.

So let me guess. "he only played against class C talent." Which oh by the way describes about 50 of our all Americans. INCLUDING our current coach.

Wow aren't you Debbie Downer.

So let me guess. "he only played against class C talent." Which oh by the way describes about 50 of our all Americans. INCLUDING our current coach.

I think you totally miss read that Ht.
if this kid never plays a down (unlikely), he is a great add for the locker room. Great family, hard working kids. This is a good get on so many levels.
He didn't say anything bad, he said, this is a good get on so many levels.....

Last edited:

Not trying to start a fight butwhy use the term "Unlikely", then
I think you just misread the term. I went back and read what he initially wrote..."Seriously, if this kid never plays a down (unlikely), he is a great add for the locker room. Great family, hard working kids. This is a good get on so many levels."

Looks like he was saying, if Piper never plays a down which is unlikely...in other words, he sees Piper getting on the field. But if he never does, Piper is a great add for the locker room because he is from a great family that has hard working kids, so Piper is a great commitment on so many levels.

Last edited:
I think you just misread the term. I went back and read what he initially wrote..."Seriously, if this kid never plays a down (unlikely), he is a great add for the locker room. Great family, hard working kids. This is a good get on so many levels."

Looks like he was saying, if Piper never plays a down which is unlikely...in other words, he sees Piper getting on the field. But if he never does, Piper is a great add for the locker room because he is from a great family that has hard working kids, so Piper is a great commitment on so many levels.

I've been gone awhile and then came down with a very bad case of the flu so I haven't had a chance to comment--but I just love this kid. He has plenty of ability and the structure to grow into a solid college frame. He is smart and can play a number of positions. This one really is one you just ignore the ratings on. And to be clear, I don't blame the ratings' systems for where they have him ranked--I get why they have him ranked where they do. I just don't care in this case anymore than I did with Jared Crick or Spencer Long's ratings (or lack thereof).

Good to hear. Maybe Suh can give him some pointers.
I wonder if Suh still feels any allegiance to the program post-BP.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back