• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN’s Game-by-Game Predictions For Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlueDavid

Red Shirt
ESPN not showing :Ironn: much love…

GettyImages-852587188-775x465.jpg

Nebraska fans are excited entering the 2018 season. Scott Frost is back in Lincoln and expectations for the future are high.

Frost has said he thinks the Huskers will be “really dangerous” in 2019, but how about this fall? ESPN has weighed in with its FPI predictions.

Game by Game odds...

nebraskasched.png

More at link:
https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?forums/football.4/create-thread

Last edited:

So, ESPN is predicting a 4-8 regular season. They obviously have not been reading Huskermax posts since I have been told in no uncertain terms that we will have, at the very minimum, 8 wins this year.

So, ESPN is predicting a 4-8 regular season. They obviously have not been reading Huskermax posts since I have been told in no uncertain terms that we will have, at the very minimum, 8 wins this year.
Looks like 6-6 to me.

And, for what it's worth I believe this is just their formula projecting...not "ESPN predicting" (just to head off the silly "espn hates us" stuff").

Anyway, I don't lend much credibility to any formula that spits out only a 28% chance of beating NW no matter where the game is played.

Looks like 6-6 to me.

And, for what it's worth I believe this is just their formula projecting...not "ESPN predicting" (just to head off the silly "espn hates us" stuff").

Anyway, I don't lend much credibility to any formula that spits out only a 28% chance of beating NW no matter where the game is played.

6-6 is correct according to the list of percentages.

I imagine all the hype surrounding Northwestern needs to be tempered until it's determined when Clayton Thorson returns. He was projected to be a Top 3 (round) NFL pick but not many are taking into consideration as to how bad his ACL injury is... and it's bad. There is a strong possibility he doesn't return to start the season. They also lost their #1 RB and a few dudes on the defense.

So, ESPN is predicting a 4-8 regular season.
Looks like 6-6 to me.
6-6 is correct
Yeah, I read it at 6 - 6 also. But quite frankly, if we only go 6 - 6, I wont be happy with that. I know the future seems and most likely is very bright for the Huskers, but these .500 and worse season records don't float my boat. I'll always root for the Huskers, even if, god forbid, we go 0 - 12, I'll still be wearing my Huskers caps and tees. JMO, but I think we win 8 regular season games and a bowl game victory to follow. In that thread about how many games will we win, I went with 10, just because, but I think 8 feels just about right. GO BIG RED!!!

Yeah, I read it at 6 - 6 also. But quite frankly, if we only go 6 - 6, I wont be happy with that. I know the future seems and most likely is very bright for the Huskers, but these .500 and worse season records don't float my boat. I'll always root for the Huskers, even if, god forbid, we go 0 - 12, I'll still be wearing my Huskers caps and tees. JMO, but I think we win 8 regular season games and a bowl game victory to follow. In that thread about how many games will we win, I went with 10, just because, but I think 8 feels just about right. GO BIG RED!!!
NU will be better than 6-6

Interesting, but also not unexpected.

I will add, though, that if Nebraska begins the season 3-0 (as indicated by those projections), there will be a 98.8% chance Husker fans will react (overreact?) with expectations of finishing the season with a minimum 10 wins and playing for a conference championship.

Depends on how we look in those three games, but ya, I might be one of those...

I personally don’t see eight wins,but can see six.Really want to go bowling in HCSF transitional year.Love to see eight,but just don’t see it preseason.Hope we get eight.Jmo.GBR.

Looks like 6-6 to me.

Agree.

ESPN not showing :Ironn: much love…

GettyImages-852587188-775x465.jpg

Nebraska fans are excited entering the 2018 season. Scott Frost is back in Lincoln and expectations for the future are high.

Frost has said he thinks the Huskers will be “really dangerous” in 2019, but how about this fall? ESPN has weighed in with its FPI predictions.

Game by Game odds...

nebraskasched.png

More at link:
https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?forums/football.4/create-thread
Looks about right. Whether we beat NW and/or IA on the road (which I wouldn't discount or beating MSU at home for that matter) is dependent on things that just can't be quantified at this time or in this manner. This is a snapshot of this point in time. In three or four months that can change quite a bit.

Whatever our record, I predict we'll look increasingly better as the season goes on, barring an outsized injury toll. I've been wanting to see that happen for years now. This year I believe it finally will.

Whether we make a bowl or when it is or if we win not, I expect to ring in 2019 with gallons of red Kool-aid for next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back