• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

EPL 2014-15

EPL 2014

Mesut Ozil, enigma that he is. Totally lost and sloppy for 20 minutes. Losing possession and making ill advised passes. Then sets up Ramsey's run that led to Bellerins opener and then hits a "goal of the week" quality free kick to net the second.

Guess I should stop yelling at Wenger to sub him

I hate announcers who believe fouls are a matter of the end justifying the mean.

You can't take out a player with the ball and not get a foul. I don't care if you swept the ball or not. Case in point. Ireland (for Stoke) dives in and gets the ball with both legs. The problem? In order to do so, he completely takes out Hazard in the process. And I'm not talking "trips him up". I'm talking completely wipes him off his feet with his entire body. After the foul was called, I hear the color guy say it's not a foul. "Look he has the ball. That's not a foul." I've had enough of that thinking for this lifetime. Look, philosophically, I can take that same argument and say whatever I do after I've taken the ball is fine because I now have the ball. So, as long as I step on the ball, my elbow to the face doesn't matter because I have the ball. Christ, I hate when someone makes that argument. It you foul someone in the same motion of taking the ball, it's a freaking foul.

Last edited:
Mesut Ozil, enigma that he is. Totally lost and sloppy for 20 minutes. Losing possession and making ill advised passes. Then sets up Ramsey's run that led to Bellerins opener and then hits a "goal of the week" quality free kick to net the second.

I'll admit it's nice to have a Gunner here. We need the diversity.

God, I hope Cuadrado looks better next year after getting his Chelsea feet wet. Interesting that Chelsea let Salah (at 22y/o) go and he's tearing it up at Fiorentina.

FWIW, G Cameron looked very solid today against Chelsea.

Last edited:

QPR with a huge road win today over WBA 4-1.....only second road win of the season.....:) :)

1 point from safety.....hope again....with 7 games left....:)

Charlie Austin with 15 goals now....:)

3 points is such a big deal. Would love to see Sunderland down in the bottom 3 instead.

Those red QPR jerseys are hideous, BTW.

Last edited:
I keep having this delusion that arsenal can overtake chelsea. I need to get over it. Can't crap the bed the first 10 matches of the season

If stoke could have mustered a draw after Adam's ridiculous goal, maybe I could have justified my delusion

Big deal indeed.....1 point from safety.....need to win 2-3 more to have a chance at survival.....

I like the English Dennis the Menace shirts....not sure why those are not being used.....

010373584688700.jpg

Dennis-the-Menace-60th-birthday.jpg

3 points is such a big deal. Would love to see Sunderland down in the bottom 3 instead.

Those red QPR jerseys are hideous, BTW.

Spurs can only muster a draw at Burnley. Poor performance.

It looks like the top 4 is set now that Southampton and Liverpool lost as Spurs only grab 1 point from a team in the relegation zone. Hard to see it playing out otherwise. In fact, with Chelsea comfortably at the top of the table, the only thing really in doubt is relegation

I watched the first half last night. I'll watch the 2nd tonight.

I wonder if the first half would have been different had the ref not called Sterling offside in the 13th minute. A complete miss by the assistant.

For as much as he looks like he could contribute, if I was Liverpool, I'd be looking to shop Sterling ASAP and bring in proven young players, i.e. scorers/a true 10. Sure, he's only 22. But he's small, and furthermore, doesn't play bigger than his size. But the problem with Sterling, is he's a bad ball striker. Poor ball control once it leaves his foot. Liverpool needs a scorer and they need a guy that can play the number 10. That man is not Henderson, no matter how bad they want it to be. They have the pieces. Coutinho, Can, Sturridge, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Markovic. That's a very good base. But Coutinho is the only real playmaker on the squad who is a threat night in and night out.

Last edited:
Can't say I feel too bad about it, but judging by the highlights, City got screwed in their loss to CP. I can relate after SKC's loss due to a blind assistant as well (at Dallas). CP scores with not one pass offside, but also the second that led to their first goal. City doesn't benefit from an obvious (and I mean obvious) hand ball in the box. Tough to swallow for City.

Arsenal takes over 2nd. Big Manchester Derby next weekend, I believe.

I think Arsenal is playing the best soccer in the EPL as of right now.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the EC table. Wigan.......going to get relegated. Fulham.......last spot safe from relegation.

What happened to these guys? Bad admin?

The top 4 teams are separated by................ 2 points. Looks like I'm going to have to start watching. Yet another reason to like Bein Sports.

QPR with another point today.....4 points in the last two games and 7 goals to boot......3-3 draw with Aston Vilia

Charlie Austin with his 16th goal of the year....:) Putting him in third place in the goal scoring race.....a God send for the R's this year....

On a related note Guzan has not looked that good in the games I have seen him play....

Last edited:
Chelsea beat a ready QPR team 1-0.

A couple of points:

1. QPR needs to keep Ramsey
2. The Ramsey coached QPR wouldn't be fighting to avoid relegation
3 I can't imagine how deflating that loss must be for QPR
4. I wonder why QPR under Ramsey is so much better. RR, any insight? Was Harry disliked by the players?

Now to watch some more select games from this weekend on DVR. I'll have to start with the Man Derby. But first, I'll need to watch the SKC game from yesterday.

Last edited:

OK, so here's where I have a problem with the EPL-City crowd.

I'm watching United destroy City and we hear the announcers comment on how City has to bring in a striker to help Aguerro. Here's the problem I have with that:

1. City has been mismanaged all year by Pelligrini. Everyone knows it. No one admits it due to his reputation. City is like Arsenal. They rely on their midfield and when you screw with the midfield, you screw with their success. I've said MULTIPLE times here how dependent City is on Navas, Toure and Silva. Yet how many times have they played together lately? How many times have they played together on the attack, not keeping Toure deep? It's a coaching disaster this year for City. For me, I fire Pellligrini because that dude probably single-handedly kept City from repeating. And that comes from a Chelsea fan.

2. Just what is wrong with Dzeko? Everytime the guy is in the game, he affects the outcome positively. He helps Aguerro. He does EVERYTHING that Aguerro needs to succeed, and he does it at a bargain. It's like the club hears fans complain and therefore can't play him routinely, because he's not Kane or Costa. Who are they going to bring in to help that is going to be heads and shoulders above what Dzeko offers them? Sometimes, soccer people are complete f-ing idiots and this is one of those times. Jesus H, just keep Dzeko, play a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and put your money into a real keeper or a true winger that scares the S out of defenses and opens up your forwards. It's not hard. It's not hard because fixing City is easy. They have all the pieces. Even a guy like Nesri, who I think is overrated, is a great midfielder that provides solid depth. Even Nesri, who I complain about all the time, is worth keeping in a scenario where City brings in a high priced winger and really helps the team go after a title.

I'm dead serious about acquiring Parma for 1 million. We can see this soccer mind in the flesh if they'd sell tomorrow.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back