1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Edge-rusher and Former No. 1 Overall CFB Recruit Jaelan Phillips to transfer from UCLA

Discussion in 'Other Teams' started by Voice Of Reason, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Voice Of Reason

Voice Of Reason Scout Team 5 Year Member

2. ColoREDo

ColoREDo REDo posts matter!!! 10 Year Member

If only the Huskers were in the mix.

3. cthusker

cthusker You talken to me? 5 Year Member

If he truly believe THUG U is the place for him I doubt he would fit in SF's program....

4. ColoREDo

BS. We needs some thugs on defense just like Frost had when he was QB.

NU_Alum and BubbaGene like this.
  5. cthusker

BS back at ya...... totally disagree. I don't believe we need thugs to build a winning program at Nebraska. Those type players usually jeopardize the entire program imo. We could revisit the various scandals Thug U has gone through but most already know them. Not something I EVER want Nebraska to emulate.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  6. ColoREDo

LOL.

jikastew likes this.
  7. cthusker

Intelligent response......... :rolleyes:

8. ColoREDo

:Lol:

9. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

I'm sure you understand that we have had our share of some pretty nasty, even thuggish players in some of our more successful years. There were plenty of guys you knew were trouble the second they walked into a bar or a party. The difference was they weren't running in front of a camera and proudly showing their thug attitude, or acting like fools on the football field, but don't believe for a minute there weren't thugs in our program.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    CrabHusker likes this.
  10. CrabHusker

CrabHusker Starter 5 Year Member

It's a tough sport and I don't think you can have a successful team without at least a little bit of nasty. While I certainly don't condone openly illegal or criminal behaviors, the 'thuggish' mentality is what can make a good team great or a great team dominant.

11. cthusker

Nasty... sure no problem! There is however a difference between being a nasty player and acting like thugs which is how the Canes got their well deserved reputation. No question we've had some "thugish" players over the years but they were the minority imo. Not so with the Canes as they glory in criminal behavior imo. I define "thugs" from my law enforcement POV which is not something I want associated with Nebraska football. Here's some info on what Miami teams have been all about..........

1. I don't believe Nebraska wants ANY of this type of behavior associated with Nebraska football? Allowing "thugs" on teams usually leads to many other problems associated with such imo. Tough, hard and even a few nasty players are fine but I draw the line at welcoming THUGS at DONU. I'd be surprised if our fans would really welcome "thugs" to Lincoln.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  12. NU_Alum

NU_Alum All Big 10 2 Year Member

We had a guy that had a bullet stuck in his butt playing for us because removing it might lead to an arrest (or so went the rumor).

We had a guy that was the ward of a state that constantly got into fights with people.

TO hid a gun once!

I was on campus during the 90's run, we had some serious thugs. You need some thugs to win consistently. You need those people that are scary af and will push the other players because no one wants to face them after practice/game when you were lazy.

13. cthusker

Well I respect your opinion just disagree with it....... As 29 year retired state cop I don't like "thugs" and hope SF minimizes them on any of his teams.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  14. BubbaGene

BubbaGene Tuff Schist 10 Year Member

We need more clarification on the definition of "Thug". I'm pretty sure REDo was not referring to dangerous criminals....

Suh was a nasty, borderline dirty playing "Thug" on the field, wasn't he?

NU_Alum and ColoREDo like this.
  15. ColoREDo

Absolutely.