• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ed Morrow transferring

I think Ed is a product of AAU ball: he excelled at Simeon and played well against the best Chicago High School basketball had to offer. That's no mean feat. But he got caught playing (undersized) center in high-school, so that's what he was ready to play in college. He needs some time to change his game, and he wasn't going to get it at Nebraska. By transferring he's forced the coaches (and himself) the time to concentrate on what he needs to do to play at this level.

I wish it would have worked out at Nebraska, but I think that he needed to be at a team where he could redshirt AND have ego allow that to happen. Neither were possible at Nebraska. I'll still cheer for the guy when I see him.

I always liked the way Morrow played. He was a spark plug who played hard, with athleticism and without fear. In that way, he fits better as a piece of this team than he did last year's. This year, everyone is playing that same way. I could see him spelling Copeland and Roby. But yeah, he probably wouldn't like it and even if he had came back this year, he would be gone next.

I bet Tim and the gang hit the transfer market pretty hard this offseason. Who wouldn’t want to transfer to this team?

Edit: change this thread to “Mike Daum grad transfer?”
Where is the like 1000 times button?:Welcome2:

Would he be an Andrew Drevo or a Drake Beranek? I think with the skill level coming back, his opportunity would be the latter, but the Huskers need a Jimmy Chitwood to win the tourney...

Last edited:
I bet Tim and the gang hit the transfer market pretty hard this offseason. Who wouldn’t want to transfer to this team?

Edit: change this thread to “Mike Daum grad transfer?”

This is my dream as well. Imagine...

PG- Watson
SG- Palmer
SF- Roby
PF- Copeland
C- Daum

Good luck defending that! That’s an elite team. Doubt it comes into fruition, but man that would be fun!

And he would not have accepted it nearly as well as McVeigh has.

I give McVeigh a ton of credit for how he has handled the situation. The young man has displaced an incredible amount of maturity and character. I wouldn't fault him one bit if he transferred after this year, and I would understand completely, but he has been a great example of how one should behave during the season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back