• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DT Darrion Daniels

I apologize, sometimes i respond as if I’m on one of my group texts. There’s one I still have saved on my phone of a coach claiming 20 pounds of muscle in 2 months. Stated on a public media platform for everyone to see. Husker fans ate it up. “What were we doing before?!?” The marketing machine won again.

Just shook my head.
Pretty skinny marketing campaign...one tweet, about one player, that doesn't say what you've been saying was said and may be referring to a longer timeframe than you assumed. Nice try though...

I'm sure every NU fan nate that up, LOL. the only one with a marketing campaign is not the current coaching staff...maybe the old S&C staff.

Last edited:

Did Duval say that Stille gained 20 lbs of muscle in 2 moths
or did you infer it? Perhaps he was indicating a year-over-year muscle gain from one of the few players that routinely worked out hard. Assuming things gets you in trouble...there are at least 50 ways to assume.

Since Duval had only been there for 4 or so months at that point, and winter conditioing didnt start till the 2 semester began, what basis would he have other than the start of the conditioning?

Since Duval had only been there for 4 or so months at that point, and winter conditioing didnt start till the 2 semester began, what basis would he have other than the start of the conditioning?
Re-read post 90...new information on this deleted tweet. Often there is more back information than some assumption made by a poster with an agenda. That post is often exaggerating things to fit what he assumes. 20 lbs is 30 lbs, retweets are original information to start a marketing campaign, old S&C staff would've done great but were told not to, etc.

Last edited:

Whatever gains we had, we need to get better. Wisconsin and Iowa pounded it right down our throats and that has to stop. I don't care about the semantics, we need to see results on the field

GFOA's raging wooder for *** has brought this thread so far into left field that it won't get back on track. Might as well lock it...
lol what's that guy saying? I feel like Jack Nicholson in ‘The Departed’ many times with him even tho he knows he's blocked.

upload_2019-1-12_14-15-38.png

Last edited:
Whatever gains we had, we need to get better. Wisconsin and Iowa pounded it right down our throats and that has to stop. I don't care about the semantics, we need to see results on the field
There wasn’t one player on the Huskers defense the last four years or more that any offense feared.Until this defense has a game changer or two it’s going to be tough to win a conference title. The final days of this recruiting cycle could really set the future on fire for the Blackshirts.

Did Duval say that Stille gained 20 lbs of muscle in 2 months or did you just infer it? I went back through all of Duval's tweets from that time on, and not a single claim of excessive muscle weight added for any player. Some marketing campaign, eh? In fact, the tweet you posted here is no longer there, but evidence of what "happened" with this tweet is there. Duval retweeted Parker Gabriel, who made the claim...it was noted in a journal star article that Gabriel had written that said Stille had gained 20 lbs--not muscle, but 20 lbs. Parker then in his tweet claimed it was muscle, and evidently Duval viewed that as good pub and retweeted it...went along with it. he erred doing so and removed his follow-up tweet but left Gabriel's original tweet. Quite a conspiracy. There was no marketing campaign designed to deceive Husker fans...that's just baloney...get out your tin hats.

I dont know why you're so up in arms, he's kind of defending your favorite Husker staff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back