1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

DT Darrion Daniels

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Sodak Dick, Dec 4, 2018.

1. eyesonNU

eyesonNU Scout Team 15 Year Member

Welcome Mr. Daniels! This is a great addition for the defense. Juco and grad transfers will allow the freshmen to mature and bulk up. I always worry about a kid on either line playing too soon and getting hurt.

2. Drum Monkey Robot

Drum Monkey Robot My stomach light needs your stomach light. 2 Year Member

I spoke with an OSU season ticket holder last night and he was not happy at all about losing Daniels. Said he was their best lineman, hands down. Called him a run stuffer who replaced an NFL lineman with no drop off.

3. Huskerthom

Huskerthom All Legend 5 Year Member

:thumbsup:

Drum Monkey Robot likes this.
  4. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Recruit

She sounds hideous.

izzycohen and ColombianHusker like this.
  5. N2FL

N2FL Varsity 10 Year Member

Articles:
    As a recruit: Daniels' recruitment came down to Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Iowa and Iowa State and he chose the Cowboys just prior to Signing Day in 2015.

Career so far: Daniels had a very productive career with the Cowboys, accumulating 64 tackles and two sacks over four seasons. He was expected to be a major part of Oklahoma State's defense this past season, but his year was cut short due to an injury suffered earlier in the year. Rather than return to Stillwater, Daniels is transferring to Nebraska, where his younger brother Damion is a defensive lineman with the Huskers.

What to expect: “Daniels brings power and size to the middle for Nebraska and is a heady player. He won’t wow anyone with big plays but he will help against the run for sure and take up blockers allowing others to run free. Instant impact defensive tackles are hard to find, so Nebraska has a good one here if he can stay healthy.” -- Farrell

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/instant-impact-the-10-best-committed-grad-transfers

6. Florida Husker

Florida Husker Scout Team 5 Year Member

7. Huskerthom

Huskerthom All Legend 5 Year Member

So there's liftin then there's LIFTIN liftin. LOL love it.

ksuhusker likes this.
  8. NU_Alum

NU_Alum All American 2 Year Member

Even if it's just fluffer material to get people excited, I like hearing it.

9. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

It’s not fluff, certainly a shock for people not used to it.

10. Red Reign

Red Reign Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

Indeed

Looking for a good season out of him

Vinosker likes this.
  11. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

The S&C program under Duval is the real deal and will be a huge part of getting us back. Those that thought we were exaggerating/lying about gains were simply surprised by methods used to get the team moving in the right direction after a few years of neglect. GBR! Bigger, Faster, Stronger...Husker Power.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. Mack The Shark

Mack The Shark Elite Poster 5 Year Member

Gains can be exaggerated even though the training methods are legit. It's not an either or.

goodnterribles likes this.
  13. Huskerwisdom

Huskerwisdom Recruit

The father of the OT who we signed from SC, Fritzsche, talked up Ellis and Duval a lot

"
    While Jim Fritzsche was surprised by the announcement, he understand his son's choice.

"The things they have right now at Nebraska are so impressive to me," the father said. "I didn't care where he went, but at Nebraska they have the No. 1 nutritionist and No. 1 weight coach in the country (in Dave Ellis). He's (been) a personal trainer for Tom Brady, LeBron James, all the top stars. You won't recognize this guy in two years.":

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/12/19/recruiting-greenville-high-ot-jimmy-fritzsche-chooses-nebraska/2360671002/

and Dad played a year for the Eagles as well.

Beareye, Big Red Rocks and bucktril like this.
  14. djlhuskerfan

djlhuskerfan Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

We hear the same every year but I believe this this year

Cvillehusker and Vinosker like this.
  15. Mack The Shark

Mack The Shark Elite Poster 5 Year Member

I don't doubt that this is the best training and nutrition program they've seen to date. I also whole heartedly believe they're making great progress. I still don't believe some of the numbers that were reported last year.

solesrfr likes this.