• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Doane vs Nebraska (wednesday 3-30 1:35pm)

Well, see you all on Friday

Again, going dancing with mama. :) I'll be around until 7 pm, central.

Adios

Huskers are now 18-9

Thanks CBob. Was good to see that we scored the runs I thought we should have. Still don't understand the difficulty of throwing strikes with a 6 run lead, but we won a game we should win with an acceptable margin.

Thanks CBob. Was good to see that we scored the runs I thought we should have. Still don't understand the difficulty of throwing strikes with a 6 run lead, but we won a game we should win with an acceptable margin.

So 6-1 is acceptable against Doane?

I hope our hitters are ready this weekend! The Cowboys held Texas to five runs in 33 innings last weekend!

I am sure, we all wonder why a pitcher, with a huge lead, just get the ball in the vicinity. Two things: afraid of giving up a fat one, or trying too hard, period!

What is acceptable? Now, we just need to win. Would you expect 15-0 every game, when we play a "small" school? I am happy about every win. We are not a powerhouse. We have good pitching, but not powerhouse pitching; but, the hitting has a long way to go. Let's just get better......hopefully. :)

What is acceptable? Now, we just need to win. Would you expect 15-0 every game, when we play a "small" school? I am happy about every win. We are not a powerhouse. We have good pitching, but not powerhouse pitching; but, the hitting has a long way to go. Let's just get better......hopefully. :)

We are a former powerhouse from a few years ago, we should expect more. IMO

I would have been happy with 8 or more runs.

Merle, I guess you don't have the same expectations for baseball that you do for basketball, which is kind of sad because just a few years ago we were in the CWS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doane is 14-7, they lost to Montreat College 20-5

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, it represents a solid win. It was not a thrashing, but they never really were much of a threat to score until our pitchers couldn't find the plate. We left a few runs on the field, but that has been a problem all year long, Too many LOB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back