• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Devastating loss in Columbus starts with poor o-line play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tad Stryker posted a new article:

Devastating loss in Columbus starts with poor o-line play

A Nebraska football team with a fragile, paper-thin offensive line is a sad sight to behold.

When an offensive line can’t stand and fight, all its playmakers are nullified, and soon it puts the entire team in a no-win situation. And it’s the main reason that Mike Riley now has an ugly loss, a 59-point thrashing, second worst in Husker history, is on his Lincoln resume. That’s something Bo Pelini, with all his embarrassing collapses, never had to live down.

This sort of thing — Nebraska...

Read more about this article...

Yes, it starts with a fragile, paper-thin offensive line. Lots of problems that we've know about were completely exposed... O-Line, weak pass rush, and an overmatched back-up QB to name a few. We need some major upgrades in athleticism and talent.

And coddling injuries imo. That won't be a popular comment on here, but I'm seriously tired of all the injuries. If it isn't torn or broken get your butt in the game.

"For two seasons now, offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh has talked about building 10 linemen who are game ready, but at his high-water mark during fall camp, before Jerald Foster went down with a season-ending knee injury, Cavanaugh had only eight linemen (at most) who he trusted to play in a game. Three of them — Foster, Tanner Farmer and David Knevel — were injured and unavailable against the Buckeyes. The five on the field in Columbus— Nick Gates, Sam Hahn, Dylan Utter, Corey Whitaker and Cole Conrad — were totally outclassed. The three-and-outs were numerous, the Buckeyes piled up 37 minutes in possession time and the worn-down Husker defense could not hold back the flood waters."

"If the o-line breaks down, it really doesn’t matter how many talented wide receivers or tight ends you have. They’re not going to get the ball too often, at least not in a position to do much damage. One good offensive lineman is worth two good wide receivers. That’s something to keep in mind during recruiting season."

What it is, folks!

Last edited:
And coddling injuries imo. That won't be a popular comment on here, but I'm seriously tired of all the injuries. If it isn't torn or broken get your butt in the game.

This comment was stupid enough the first time you posted it. It didn't need to be repeated three times....

This comment was stupid enough the first time you posted it. It didn't need to be repeated three times....

It is a server load issue that causes more then one post. How about you not attack the guy over something he can't control.

Warning sent and extra posts removed.

Yep - Tommy should have been back in the game according to you. Makes sense. Would love to know your credentials to make such a bold claim. These guys bust it all the time for our "entertainment" and you make a remark like that. Keep it classy.

Watched the game with an LSU fan last night. He thought 4 of our lineman had no business being on the field against OSU. And I'm not sure our 5th guy didn't have a pathetic game as well.

By the way, thank God the LSU game was on as well. It gave me an excuse to shun the NU game in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back