• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Devaney says the talent was there

It's quite unbelievable. Impossible to have a conversation with.

Please. I am talking directly to you, asking you direct questions, but you won't answer. I started the conversation but you haven't joined in yet. The topic is what you said about Langsdorf and Cav and what it implies. It's your turn to speak up. Go!

Pluckless

If you decide not to speak up then I will have no other choice. I will have to find you guilty of spreading anti-Riley rhetoric, of making the absurd claim that assistant coaches are primarily what make HC's great, and that HC's are absolved from any responsibility for the performance of their assistant coaches.

Guilty+as+Charged+Gavel.jpg

Last edited:
It's quite unbelievable. Impossible to have a conversation with.

To be fair, he does a pretty good job of it without any of us.

Please. I am talking directly to you, asking you direct questions, but you won't answer. I started the conversation but you haven't joined in yet. The topic is what you said about Langsdorf and Cav and what it implies. It's your turn to speak up. Go!

Pluckless

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

It always cracks me up when someone thinks they're a master debater, when, in reality, they're anything but. Flipping that pancake they certainly score high on the entertainment value scale. LOL

It always cracks me up when someone thinks they're a master debater, when, in reality, they're anything but. Flipping that pancake they certainly score high on the entertainment value scale. LOL

There is no debate going on here. I am just asking *** to answer a couple simple questions about what he said.

When *** put Langsdorf and Cav on notice was he putting Riley on notice as well? If not, does he think that HC's are exempt from any responsibility for the performance of their assistant coaches? Does he think that MR is great but that MR may have made an innocent mistake in hiring assistant coaches Langsdorf and Cav (and 4 other assistant coaches)?

His statement is implying something but he won't say what it is. I can only guess. If my guess is wrong, he can say so...but since he hasn't, I'll just assume I am right...that *** is an anti-Riley pest trying to hide amongst the Riley faithful.

Last edited:
That same qb played 3 other seasons, all of which yielded better results than what we saw in 2016. Why is that?
If your talking interceptions/turnovers I agree. Tommy was the best we had no doubt, but NOW for the first time in 8 or 9 years we are going to have a real QB who was not a athlete turned QB by the regime. We have r/b, qb, and WR that should be able to increase our out put. Tommy was a bottleneck that could not be overcome. Martinez was the same way.

Pluckless

If you decide not to speak up then I will have no other choice. I will have to find you guilty of spreading anti-Riley rhetoric, of making the absurd claim that assistant coaches are primarily what make HC's great, and that HC's are absolved from any responsibility for the performance of their assistant coaches.

Guilty+as+Charged+Gavel.jpg

giphy.gif

There is no debate going on here. I am just asking *** to answer a couple simple questions about what he said.

When *** put Langsdorf and Cav on notice was he putting Riley on notice as well? If not, does he think that HC's are exempt from any responsibility for the performance of their assistant coaches? Does he think that MR is great but that MR may have made a mistake in hiring assistant coaches Langsdorf and Cav?

His statement is implying something but he won't say what it is. I can only guess. If my guess is wrong, he can say so...but since he hasn't, I'll just assume I am right...that *** is an anti-Riley pest trying to hide amongst the Riley faithful.
Golly, I thought Riley was given his notice the day he accepted the job.:Catfight:

If your talking interceptions/turnovers I agree. Tommy was the best we had no doubt, but NOW for the first time in 8 or 9 years we are going to have a real QB who was not a athlete turned QB by the regime. We have r/b, qb, and WR that should be able to increase our out put. Tommy was a bottleneck that could not be overcome. Martinez was the same way.
That doesn't address the question at all. We scored the fewest points per game since 2009. Armstrong (the "bottleneck") led 3 other offenses that were all significantly more successful, including one in 2014 that scored the most points per game since Crouch was directing the show. Why was 2016 so bad compared to Armstrong's other years?

The quarterback is an easy scapegoat, but pinning 2016's poor results on him is downright lazy.

He spent $3000 to catch passes from UCF's equipment manager and be allowed within 10 yards of Scott Frost.

Mack, I am sorry that you think $3,000 is a lot of money, but please don't think I haven't any sympathy for you. OK, bro?

WirekFolk.jpg

Some Husker fans pay $3,000 per year for UNL season tickets and I'll bet many people would pay 3,000 to attend a UNL football fantasy camp. And I'll bet most of them are decent conversationalists.

I got 40 hours of football for my $3,000. When you realize that the ball is in play for only 11 minutes per game, UNL season ticket holders only get 77 minutes of football for their $3,000...and I was closer to the action than the 50 yard line. I was in the film rooms and at the team meetings. I ate with the players and coaches every day. I was given a tour of all the football offices, training rooms and facilities. I attended every practice and was allowed to float around wherever I wanted to. They gave me a UCF gym bag stuffed full of warm ups, t-shirts, polos, hats, shorts, socks, etc. The 3,000 included my room and board.

I had a reserved seat at the $100 per plate UCF football kick-off luncheon. They had a photographer following me around during the entire camp and I have a CD with over 200 1st quality photos on it. I was a designated member of the UCF team for 3 days. I was treated like a VIP.

I was also on the local Orlando TV news and I got to catch a couple of Division 1 passes from Scott Frost...priceless.

Your tainted (and hateful) view of my UCF camp experience is a joke.

When you realize that Husker season ticket holders on the 50-yard line are paying $38 per minute to watch the ball in play at Memorial Stadium, you should be able to understand that it is normal for the average American to spend considerable sums of money on entertainment. It happens every day. It is what keeps Las Vegas going. Yes?

Last edited:

When *** put Langsdorf and Cav on notice was he putting Riley on notice as well? If not, does he think that HC's are exempt from any responsibility for the performance of their assistant coaches? Does he think that MR is great but that MR may have made an innocent mistake in hiring assistant coaches Langsdorf and Cav (and 4 other assistant coaches)?

Overthinking 101.

Mack, I am sorry that you think $3,000 is a lot of money, but please don't think I haven't any sympathy for you. OK, bro?

WirekFolk.jpg

Some Husker fans pay $3,000 per year for UNL season tickets and I'll bet many people would pay 3,000 to attend a UNL football fantasy camp. And I'll bet most of them are decent conversationalists.

I got 40 hours of football for my $3,000. When you realize that the ball is in play for only 11 minutes per game, UNL season ticket holders only get 77 minutes of football for their $3,000...and I was closer to the action than the 50 yard line. I was in the film rooms and at the team meetings. I ate with the players and coaches every day. I was given a tour of all the football offices, training rooms and facilities. I attended every practice and was allowed to float around wherever I wanted to. They gave me a UCF gym bag stuffed full of warm ups, t-shirts, polos, hats, shorts, socks, etc. The 3,000 included my room and board.

I had a reserved seat at the $100 per plate UCF football kick-off luncheon. They had a photographer following me around during the entire camp and I have a CD with over 200 1st quality photos on it. I was a designated member of the UCF team for 3 days. I was treated like a VIP.

I was also on the local Orlando TV news and I got to catch a couple of Division 1 passes from Scott Frost...priceless.

Your tainted (and hateful) view of my UCF camp experience is a joke.

When you realize that Husker season ticket holders on the 50-yard line are paying $38 per minute to watch the ball in play at Memorial Stadium, you should be able to understand that it is normal for the average American to spend considerable sums of money on entertainment. It happens every day. It is what keeps Las Vegas going. Yes?

Perry, you silly little man. It's not that I don't have the financial means to go to a fantasy camp. I just don't have any inclination. I've been involved in sports for most of my life either as an athlete, a coach, or an umpire/ref. Now my free time from work, which is limited, is spent shuttling little girls to dance camps and gymnastic events or rebounding basketballs for my oldest daughter. On the rare occasion that I have time to myself I'll spend it casting flies at trout or in the gym. If you want to drop three grand to run the wrong way after catching a pass or eat like an athlete I can hook you up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back