• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Despite a lack of wins, Huskers haven't lost hope!

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Good read by Sam McKeon in OWH:

Despite a lack of wins in coach Amy Williams' first season, Jessica Shepard and the Huskers haven't lost hope.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens...cle_3b857c22-0b73-53c4-b0e8-31bf24cb7499.html

“Staying positive is the best solution,” Williams said recently. “There’s no real good that’s going to come out of us turning negative in this situation. It’s a tough challenge for all of us.......

“It definitely builds mental toughness,” center Jessica Shepard said. “I don’t think anybody on this team has had a record like this or anything close to what our record is right now — including the coaches. But it shows you how to lean on each other right now when times are hard.”

----------------
NU lost forward Rachel Blackburn for the season to knee surgery. Blackburn averaged 4.2 and 4.8 rebounds as a freshman, but, on a relatively rudderless team, players were drawn to her.

“She has a mental toughness that exudes from her,” Williams said...... Shepard says Blackburn would have made a big difference. Not only would Nebraska win more games this year, Shepard contends that Blackburn’s knee issues were a big setback last year, too.

-----------
Shepard is blunt about her vision for Nebraska.

“A team that’s competing for championships,” she said. “Just making sure we’re competing at the highest level. The Big Ten Conference is a tough conference, but there’s no reason, with what the coaches are bringing in and what we have already, that we can’t be a competitor in the Big Ten.”

“If you don’t want to get better, then why are you here?” Shepard said. “We’re all here because we want to be here.”

Last edited:

I don't know if platitudes and cliches are really "the best solution." The best solution is going out and recruiting some division 1 talent, and this off-season, actually having the players work on their conditioning and skills. The energy bus will only do so much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back