• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Desmond Bland to visit FSU

FSU has had recruiting rankings between 3rd and 11th every year since at least 2013 (that's as far as I went back). Even if the culture there is in rough shape, FSU was in WAY better shape than NU when Frost took over.
I totally agree! My feeling is that Nebraska had been drug through the sewer for so long, with a somewhat brief respite with Bo, that we had a much longer road to climb. But I think Frost being from the school it is much easier for him to convey his vision and instill that and the tradition that “used” to be.

I agree with this. Something happened to sour Jimbo on FSU and the last 3 years or so he just wasn't the same. I think A&M has fired him up and also think Taggert can turn this around but not sure the fan base is going to buy in. Anyway, GO KNIGHTS!
The biggest thing with Fisher is that he clashed with the administration at Florida State. He wanted to model FSU after Alabama and constantly complained the facilities weren’t up to par.

The biggest thing with Fisher is that he clashed with the administration at Florida State. He wanted to model FSU after Alabama and constantly complained the facilities weren’t up to par.
He left with a parade of hurt feelings and the administration felt like they never could do enough to keep him happy.

Last edited:

HMM sounds like a certain former coach that we had. Complained about his boss continuously then wondered why he got fired.

In fairness, the boss that coach had for the last few years of his tenure here was a complete tool. All aboard the Energy Bus!

I think I'll more faith in Desmond's tweet of #GBR than some random recruiting site I've never heard of.
Very much looking forward to seeing Desmond at center next year.

What does any of this have to do with places to eat in Chadron? If really want this Bland kid to come to Nebraska, we have to get this thread back on topic.

So they had a really good Mexican place in Chadron for a while, called Angie's. They had a picture of Harrison Ford taken with the wait staff on the wall. He was flying cross-country and had to make an emergency landing at the Chadron airport. So he went to Angie's to eat.

I always wondered why Chewbacca wasn't in the photo with him. I suppose Chewy had to stay back at the airport to keep and eye on the Millennium Falcon.
Angie's was pretty decent. I didn't know they closed.

My understanding was that the owners were doing very well but working too hard. I would think they could have sold it if that was the case.
That's a big loss for Chadron. I know there's a coffee shop downtown and a bar that both have decent food. Or at least did the last time I was there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back