• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dennard.... again.

"Well, the truth is that thug today is a nominally polite way of using the N-word."

The Racially Charged Meaning Behind The Word 'Thug'

the word "thug" has no color connotation, if you or others believe it does, then you or others, don't understand the meaning of the word. Or, in the extreme, if you or others do understand the meaning and think it is the equivalent of the N word, then you/others might be racists.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug
thug
noun
\ˈthəg \
Definition of thug

: a brutal ruffian or assassin : GANGSTER, TOUGH

Last edited:

Last edited:
I never said I did. I was just providing info about your use of a word that others are purporting.

Why would you theorize that I might be a racist?
Calm down, dude. Don't get so aggressive about this. No need for the personal attack.
Quit playing your usual games, your post, absent a qualifying comment by you, was (IMO) an endorsement of the article and a direct and unwarranted personal attack on me. You got caught, were wrong, and now you play innocent...LOL!

Last edited:
Quit playing your usual games, your post, absent a qualifying comment by you, was (IMO) an endorsement of the article and a direct and unwarranted personal attack on me. You got caught, were wrong, and now you play innocent...LOL!
Calm down, drink some spiked egg nog, and enjoy Christmas with your family, and stop directing so much hostility towards me.
Tis the season to purport others might be racists and thugs in your opinion if that makes you happy.

Last edited:

When black rap groups include "thug", "mafia", or the "N' word in their own names, who is labeling whom?

Didn't see this. I feel bad for Phonso, he was always a nice kid to me and especially my kiddo. Gave him soe tips on being a pro athlete and the work required.

Lolz... I can't believe that I read that Eminem and Pitbull were "thugs" in this thread... Eminem has had his little legal troubles for stupidity early in his life but Pitbull... that guy is about as good of a story from a bad area (Little Havana) as you can find and is about as philanthropic as one can rationally be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back