• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star JUCO RB Dedrick Mills is N; Update: Will Be On Campus Wednesday 22 May

The whole giving a kid a ranking based on where he commits. It’s why the whole “gotta have top recruiting rankings to compete for championships” is so skewed. Once you start getting into contention for them, your players will be rated better.

Agree.

Maybe recruiting services should pay HCSF & staff some royalty for their evaluation!

:Sarcastic:

The whole giving a kid a ranking based on where he commits. It’s why the whole “gotta have top recruiting rankings to compete for championships” is so skewed. Once you start getting into contention for them, your players will be rated better.
Thanks for explaining. I agree with you. Much of the ratings is based on self-fulfilling prophecy. I have always felt that way but when I make the argument someone always chimes in that I am just making excuses for Nebraska--which has nothing to do with it.

In order to truly have a meaningful ratings system, you have to rate EVERYBODY regardless of where they camp, how many offers they have, or how much film they send you. I always hate the ole "we haven't seen enough film to rate him" or we haven't bothered to get our butt off our couch and go watch one of his games excuses. Seriously? You rate a guy as the 467th best prospect in the country and you don't know what he looks like? Meanwhile, you know every little thing about other prospects and you claim your ratings have merit and are objective.

At best, it is entertainment for some and provides a useful "baseline" for others.

Last edited:

It's just so dumb to me. The Daishon Neal thing is where I completely lost faith in the ratings services when they were bumping his rating to get clicks and sell subscriptions.
Telling the truth does not make you money but rather telling the people what they want to hear makes you money... So embedded in some of our political news sources these days. Delivering the actual truth is hard to come by these days.

Telling the truth does not make you money but rather telling the people what they want to hear makes you money... So embedded in some of our political news sources these days. Delivering the actual truth is hard to come by these days.
True. It's also by which sites have the most paying members... they want to keep that revenue coming in. Nebraska has received the benefit of the doubt in some instances.

This and the "you have to camp to get rated" dynamic.

Back-to-back years getting the #1 juco RB in the country. I like how the room is setting up. You have Bell and Mills as your traditional backs, with guys like Washington, Jones, Rahmir Johnson, Ronald Thompkins and maybe Wandale Robinson as your Duck-R guys who you can put all over the field in numerous formations and packages and use them is several different ways.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mo as the starter by next year. With the speed and moves, how could you not start him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back