• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedoch Chan (has left the Husker's Program)

As a 4 to play 3 guy, will he play this year or will he sit out? I am assuming since Miles said we weren't looking to just use a schollie that he will play.

Which brings me to this question:

Are we looking to be extremely up-tempo this year and going forward? We seem to be built for it and aren't trying hard to get a real old-school center type. I would love for us to be a fast-paced, wear the other team out type of team but I am afraid that we are going to have all of these guards and quick forwards and then just walk the ball up most of the time.

As a 4 to play 3 guy, will he play this year or will he sit out? I am assuming since Miles said we weren't looking to just use a schollie that he will play.

Which brings me to this question:

Are we looking to be extremely up-tempo this year and going forward? We seem to be built for it and aren't trying hard to get a real old-school center type. I would love for us to be a fast-paced, wear the other team out type of team but I am afraid that we are going to have all of these guards and quick forwards and then just walk the ball up most of the time.
We certainly played better when we played up tempo last year.

Last edited:

Most of the kids that UNL is looking at are around 6'5"... they are also young so who knows? I think Nebraska could come up with a pretty nice offense based on skilled guards and mobile forwards. We have signed exactly one Isaiah Roby though, and we'll need another after next year most likely.

I am not surprised. Huskers have nearly maxed out their allowable scholarships for 2019/20 (there are more offers out than availability) so some attrition should be expected.

Who knows what went down but it sounds like Miles whiffed on the talent level here or Chan wasn’t willing to put in the work. I figured defense would be a problem but his offensive skill should have at least translated somewhat.

I don't think he played in the "secret" scrimmage, did he?

No but he played in the public scrimmage last Wednesday. Really bad. Was never going to contribute, missed on both athleticism and skills. Not a miss that hurt us, when we reached on him hoping for another Evan Taylor miracle it would have just been an unused scholarship anyway. Typically not immediately eligible guys laying around in August so it didn't' cost us anyone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back