• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deadpool 2

howsoon99

Starter
10 Year Member
So far tracking to break records for opening weekend rated R movie. Which is different, as sequels usually track lower than the original, but this is tracking to an opening weekend total from $130M to $160M, which is just as much as the original.

And most reviews are positive and people liked it. Some say it was too much, while others I think did not get the subtleties that are embedded in the movie.

I do suggest going to see this movie if you liked the first one. Even if you are Marvel'd out, it is a good one to watch.

Movie theater ..... nope. I refuse to watch movies in the theaters. Too many distractions (yik yak meaningless smartphone/texting users).

Anyway, I hope Deadpool 2 will show Netflix movie in the near future.

Movie theater ..... nope. I refuse to watch movies in the theaters. Too many distractions (yik yak meaningless smartphone/texting users).

Anyway, I hope Deadpool 2 will show Netflix movie in the near future.
That's why you go 3 weeks after opening like I do. When I saw infinity war there were only 15 other people in the room with me.

That's why you go 3 weeks after opening like I do. When I saw infinity war there were only 15 other people in the room with me.
We have a great place by the house. Saw Infinity War on the Friday of opening weekend. Got there about 20 minutes before it started and we were the only ones there. Two other groups (small groups) eventually wandered in. Now, it was an early time (3:30 or so) but this place is never ever busy.

Otherwise I completely agree with you, I won't go to a busier place unless it's way after opening weekend and by then I'm usually content to just wait to rent it.

Looking forward to DP2 though. Not sure I'll make it before it's out on rental, probably not appropriate for kids...but maybe the teenagers?

We have an Alamo Drafthouse by us and I only go there because of their policies of no talking, texting, etc and they do kick people out for that.

We have an Alamo Drafthouse by us and I only go there because of their policies of no talking, texting, etc and they do kick people out for that.

Excellent idea. Alamo Drafthouse Etiquette
The application involves demonstrating an understanding of the theater's policies around talking, texting, arriving to the theater late, and basic tipping etiquette. The cinema also prohibits talking and texting during the film. Anyone who violates this policy is subject to warning and potential removal from the premises. Alamo made national headlines in 2011 when the rantings of one angry customer who was ejected for texting were included in its "Don't Talk or Text" PSA shown before films. "When we adopted our strict no talking policy back in 1997 we knew we were going to alienate some of our patrons," Tim League posted on the cinema's website. "That was the plan. If you can't change your behavior and be quiet (or unilluminated) during a movie, then we don't want you at our venue."

You remember Curtis Reeves?

Anyway, I remember years ago, one cinema theater in Norman installed cellphone jammer gadget but removed because FCC violation .... I think protect emergency 911 call.

B0796697851.jpg

Jammer: Cell phone and wi-fi frequencies, 2G, 3G and 4G LTE networks. Up to 150' radius.

Last edited:
Just back from seeing Deadpool 2, and I really dug it. I wont bother with any spoilers, but I will say that I liked it better than Infinity War.

One funny line in the movie.... "You're so dark, are you sure you're not from the DC universe?" LOL.... The little bits they showed at the end, well worth waiting around for.

The afterlife scenes, pretty cool......

Saw this yesterday. I liked it but not as much as the 1st one. Some good lines in it and you have to like a movie that makes fun of itself and its genre.

Not sure how many they can do before it gets tiresome. The way the movie industry is, they will make two more after they reach that point.

Any movie with Morena Baccarin deserves a chance.

Saw this yesterday. I liked it but not as much as the 1st one. Some good lines in it and you have to like a movie that makes fun of itself and its genre.

Not sure how many they can do before it gets tiresome. The way the movie industry is, they will make two more after they reach that point.

Any movie with Morena Baccarin deserves a chance.
I think I read that there is an X Force movie planned, plus one more solo Deadpool movie. Who knows after that? Even Iron Man only has 3 solo movies.

I think I read that there is an X Force movie planned, plus one more solo Deadpool movie. Who knows after that? Even Iron Man only has 3 solo movies.
I just read that Brolin was signed to play Cable in 3 more movies, but not clear what those movies would be. So they could some combination of Xforce/Deadpool/Cable movies.

Last edited:

I know a lot of people are tired of all the superhero (or reluctant superhero) movies, but I'm not. I'll be perfectly happy with more.

Same here. There's only 1 or 2 of the Marvel movies I haven't seen, but I've missed most of the DC movies -- I just wasn't as interested in the Batman, Superman movies. Besides, I have to draw the line somewhere.

I read a lot of the older comics from the 60's and 70's. I was fortunate that my brother was comic nut so he had a decent collection. Not just the traditional superhero stuff, but had a bunch of the weird, creepy stuff too. Gave me nightmares when I was little, but was still intrigued by them. Probably explains my love of the Happy! show on Syfy channel.

I've really enjoyed most every Marvel movie I've seen, and they helped with the special effects that have come a long way since Tron in 1982. Keep the movies coming.

Same here. There's only 1 or 2 of the Marvel movies I haven't seen, but I've missed most of the DC movies -- I just wasn't as interested in the Batman, Superman movies. Besides, I have to draw the line somewhere.

I read a lot of the older comics from the 60's and 70's. I was fortunate that my brother was comic nut so he had a decent collection. Not just the traditional superhero stuff, but had a bunch of the weird, creepy stuff too. Gave me nightmares when I was little, but was still intrigued by them. Probably explains my love of the Happy! show on Syfy channel.

I've really enjoyed most every Marvel movie I've seen, and they helped with the special effects that have come a long way since Tron in 1982. Keep the movies coming.
I think I've seen all of the Marvel movies so far, and they've all been entertaining. I've even seen the DC movies, but I've been less entertained by those. There's just something missing from them...

It's really weird, because Superman was easily my favorite growing up. I didn't watch Smallville when it first came out, but it ended up being one of my favorite TV shows. On top of that, I didn't even really know anything about Marvel superheroes. Yes, I knew of the existence of Captain America and Iron Man, but the Incredible Hulk was the only one I really knew anything about (thanks Lou Ferrigno).

Anyway, if they keep making them, I'll keep giving them my money.

Speaking of Happy!...

I was watching 'Dinner for Schmucks' a couple weeks ago, and I recognized the guy who played 'Smoothie' from "Happy!"

He's the 'special guest' with the vulture in the dinner scene.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back