• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

David Engelhaupt

TheOneders

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
David Engelhaupt TE from Norfolk is not currently with the team. Coach Beckton confirmed it yesterday and wasn't sure if Engelhaupt would return or not. Link.

Sophomore tight end David Engelhaupt from Norfolk is not with the program. Beckton said he’s been on the recruiting trail the past few weeks, and when he returned to Lincoln he found out Engelhaupt wasn’t with the team anymore. Beckton said he hasn’t had time to look into it yet, but he will over the next few days to figure out if Engelhaupt will return .

Given the talent we have at TE, he is unlikely to get much playing time. He may be evaluating options, or maybe he just has some personal issues to address.

Transfer? Injury? Just done with football? I guess we'll find out at some point. I hope everything is okay for the young man.

Given the talent we have at TE, he is unlikely to get much playing time. He may be evaluating options, or maybe he just has some personal issues to address.

That could be part of it. Engelhaupt was apparently fourth on the depth chart. The same article claimed that the depth chart was: Stoll, Rafdal, Allen, and Engelhaupt. Didn't even list Snyder.

Engelhaupt was injured most of last year I think, but I thought he had gotten some mention from the coaches this Spring as a TE who could split out wide. I did a quick search and can't find a link or anything right now of course.

He saw some action in the spring game, and looked like he was coming along well.

Of course, I would like to see the young man step up and at least keep his position coach informed...but departing from the team is a difficult decision (if that's what he is doing), and everyone has to have some reticence.

Engelhaupt was injured most of last year I think, but I thought he had gotten some mention from the coaches this Spring as a TE who could split out wide. I did a quick search and can't find a link or anything right now of course.
Just breezing through 247 they mention him in every tight end discussion pre spring, but then he’s either not mentioned or kind of an afterthought after practices began. Most Beckton quotes would indicate he’s 4th at best with new competition arriving in the summer. Also was still dealing with the hamstring as of April 1.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back