1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

David Engelhaupt

Discussion in 'Football' started by TheOneders, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TheOneders

TheOneders Recruit

David Engelhaupt TE from Norfolk is not currently with the team. Coach Beckton confirmed it yesterday and wasn't sure if Engelhaupt would return or not. Link.

2. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

Given the talent we have at TE, he is unlikely to get much playing time. He may be evaluating options, or maybe he just has some personal issues to address.

3. Beareye

Beareye Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Transfer? Injury? Just done with football? I guess we'll find out at some point. I hope everything is okay for the young man.

4. TheOneders

TheOneders Recruit

That could be part of it. Engelhaupt was apparently fourth on the depth chart. The same article claimed that the depth chart was: Stoll, Rafdal, Allen, and Engelhaupt. Didn't even list Snyder.

5. HuSkaBob

HuSkaBob Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Engelhaupt was injured most of last year I think, but I thought he had gotten some mention from the coaches this Spring as a TE who could split out wide. I did a quick search and can't find a link or anything right now of course.

6. AzHusker

AzHusker All Legend 10 Year Member

He saw some action in the spring game, and looked like he was coming along well.

Of course, I would like to see the young man step up and at least keep his position coach informed...but departing from the team is a difficult decision (if that's what he is doing), and everyone has to have some reticence.

7. Big Red Shrine

Big Red Shrine Elite Poster 2 Year Member

Just breezing through 247 they mention him in every tight end discussion pre spring, but then he’s either not mentioned or kind of an afterthought after practices began. Most Beckton quotes would indicate he’s 4th at best with new competition arriving in the summer. Also was still dealing with the hamstring as of April 1.