• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dave Hoppen - Inducted into Husker HOF

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
10 Reasons Why Dave Hoppen a Deserving Hall-of-Famer
If humility is the key to success, you will understand why that’s true when you read how All-American basketball player Dave Hoppen looks at the world in the countdown to his enshrinement into the University of Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame this weekend.
:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

TAWHCJBKWIHDWPY.20130107010318.JPG

2: Hoppen Loves Nebraska Basketball, Eager to See Huskers Turn the Corner

“I love Coach (Tim) Miles and I really hope that he’s the coach that can help Nebraska turn the corner in basketball. We obviously have as good a practice facility and arena to play in as any team in the country. It is going to be an uphill climb because there are so many great basketball teams in the Big Ten. But with basketball, it only takes three or four really good players to help you get over that hump. I see us being successful down the line, but we have to keep the same coaching staff for continuity and keep the players on the team. The way players transfer from school to school is really crazy and hard for teams that are not established and trying to climb the ladder to be successful when kids transfer so quickly when they are unhappy.”

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211672561

Last edited:

A Hoppen Benson Bunny! How Funny! :nod: (I know a Bret Bunny) ;)

Last edited:
I played against him in some Y league games during the summer in college. I have to admit (even if I didn't then), he was a tough offensive player. He knew what he wanted to do when he got the ball. He had really good footwork, soft shooting touch, and wasn't a total victim of gravity like some guys. He played based on his defender. If the guy was stronger, he finessed him. If he was smaller, he posted strong. Smart guy. He wasn't nearly the specimen that Benoit was, but he was so much smarter and had better overall skills.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back