• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Danny Woodhead to retire after 10 years in NFL

Nemes baby, are you freaking serious? You have a better source than Woodhead himself..... HAHAHAHA! Why the troll job bub?
Why would a player be a good source for info about an offer he hasn't received yet? Think about it.

FS really dropped the ball on Woodhead. I am sorry if he would have put up those numbers at LSE or Central in Omaha he would have had a scholarship offer. I don't know if he would have had the type of career he had at Chadron, but too small is plain dumb. FS wasn't trusting what he saw on film. He was taller than Cory whats his name from Colorado. He was bigger than Terry Rogers coming out of HS.

I was at Norfolk High when he was in HS, he was the best athlete I have ever seen in HS. Not just the best FB player. He scored close to 20 a game in BBall and was dunking in warmups. He skipped track his senior year and played soccer after not playing at all in HS and led NP in scoring. NP is a 5-4 team without him and with him win is in the state finals.

In retrospect, Woodhead was an obvious miss. A miss by Solich, Callahan, and every single FBS coach at the time.

Again a kid gets passed up because he doesn't check all the 'Looks like' boxes. He was obviously a very good football player that would have been a solid player at NU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back