• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Damion Daniels will announce at 10:35 AM CST on ESPN on NSD (1 February).

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we can remove the "appears" from the thread title. This announcement as been delayed.

I assume that he played there or DT in HS?

This is one of those situations where fans make up their own version of what happened and that version then gets molded into a mythical story of Huskermax lore. Baker wasn't exactly pushed kicking and screaming to the DL seeing as how he played DT in the high school all star game he participated in. Looking at the roster at the time the move did make sense. Of course the consensus is he would've been all world LT, but Barnett also came in as the #1 OG in the nation and there was plenty of talk of his being ready on day 1 and challenging for a starting roll as a true FR. With all of the struggles on the OL he was nowhere to be found and now we have talk of him moving to DT......so there's that.

This is one of those situations where fans make up their own version of what happened and that version then gets molded into a mythical story of Huskermax lore. Baker wasn't exactly pushed kicking and screaming to the DL seeing as how he played DT in the high school all star game he participated in. Looking at the roster at the time the move did make sense. Of course the consensus is he would've been all world LT, but Barnett also came in as the #1 OG in the nation and there was plenty of talk of his being ready on day 1 and challenging for a starting roll as a true FR. With all of the struggles on the OL he was nowhere to be found and now we have talk of him moving to DT......so there's that.
Our use of personnel on the offensive line has intriqued me for years. Just don't see us putting the importance on it as we did 20 years ago or so. Our refusal to go after a top line o-line coach has been an issue for years. Hopefully Riley has put Cavanaugh on notice that he needs to up his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back