• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damian

USMC. 0311 Infantry Squad leader. Veteran of the gulf war and Somalia conflict. Stationed on the USS Wasp for 2 straight years on high alert with Marine Medium Helicopter squadron 263. 12 successful combat missions. Received the Navy Commondation and Purple Heart. Given to me at sea by Colin Powell, which of course I have a picture of should you want to see it.
I’ve killed and watched men die. Is that elite enough for you?

You could have stopped at USMC and been elite enough for me. Thank you for your service. Much respect....

USMC. 0311 Infantry Squad leader. Veteran of the gulf war and Somalia conflict. Stationed on the USS Wasp for 2 straight years on high alert with Marine Medium Helicopter squadron 263. 12 successful combat missions. Received the Navy Commondation and Purple Heart. Given to me at sea by Colin Powell, which of course I have a picture of should you want to see it.
You are an elite soldier obviously but that doesn't really carry over to message boards about football. Thanks for your service but you are just another opinion on this board. Not sure what being a soldier has to do with what is being discussed. And I realize you didn't bring up the soldier thing initially...I am not sure why it was brought up to be honest.

Last edited:
You are an elite soldier obviously but that doesn't really carry over to message boards about football. Thanks for your service but you are just another opinion on this board. Not sure what being a soldier has to do with what is being discussed. And I realize you didn't bring up the soldier thing initially...I am not sure why it was brought up to be honest.
He was defending his honor. Another poster questioned what made him "elite" in the military sense. A man has a right to defend himself, including his reputation. Let him be. He's not claiming to be an expert in something else. He's backing up what was a humble claim to know something about military service.

He was defending his honor. Another poster questioned what made him "elite" in the military sense. A man has a right to defend himself, including his reputation. Let him be. He's not claiming to be an expert in something else. He's backing up what was a humble claim to know something about military service.
Yes, I get that. I probably questioned the wrong guy about why past military service belongs in this thread.

Never being a lifter I don't know much about it. What you and others have said makes me think Duval knows, or should know this. If he's having them lift like this isn't there something they can do other days to counteract things like 'limited range of motion'? Just curious.

:Rolf: This makes me think of my "DUH" moments. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :Rolf:

Not laughing at you personally, huskerman1, just laughing...mainly at myself.

That's healthy to laugh at yourself. I have conversations with myself and occasionally arguments with myself. It's when I loose the arguments that I know I'm in trouble.

That's healthy to laugh at yourself. I have conversations with myself and occasionally arguments with myself. It's when I loose the arguments that I know I'm in trouble.

:Rolf:

Oh, and how about when you lose them? :Lol:

Last edited:
I commend and appreciate your service. I don't need to see any pictures as a lot of service men and women have had photo opps with Powell. It seems that you almost gave the ultimate sacrifice for your country. Was trying to figure out the context as to how that gave you such insight. Again, thank you for your service as I have family members that served also.

Last edited:

Yes, I get that. I probably questioned the wrong guy about why past military service belongs in this thread.

I think you questioned the wrong guy. One poster thought I was dissing an 'elite veteran' in Jackson. I wasn't, so I responded that I was an elite veteran so he understood I wouldn't do that. Discoverer 27 chimes in that "an elite veteran of what, message boards." So, I decided to outline my veteran status. Which he then marginalizes.

Sorry to derail a thread. But my sentiment all along is that while Damian Jackson is a war hero, and we are fortunate to have such an great inspiration in our weigh room, on the practice field, in the classroom etc etc, it did not seem to equate to motivating everyone to give maximum effort. I wanted to give credit to HCSF and all the coaches for bringing that culture from the top.

There have been many posts, interviews with former players on how other players held players accountable. Team leaders etc. I don't know exactly what Frost saw when he showed up, but he verbalized a team out of shape. In all this discussion I've been thought provoked into considering this as a 'play' by him. Maybe the team wasn't as bad as he let on for posture. Maybe guys like Jackson really are inspiring an entire team to S & C greatness.

Just one of the many dialogues during the offseason.

I commend and appreciate your service. I don't need to see any pictures as a lot of service men and women have had photo opps with Powell. It seems that you almost gave the ultimate sacrifice for your country. Was trying to figure out the context as to how that gave you such insight. Again, thank you for your service as I have family members that served also.

Whatever man.

I think you questioned the wrong guy. One poster thought I was dissing an 'elite veteran' in Jackson. I wasn't, so I responded that I was an elite veteran so he understood I wouldn't do that. Discoverer 27 chimes in that "an elite veteran of what, message boards." So, I decided to outline my veteran status. Which he then marginalizes.

Sorry to derail a thread. But my sentiment all along is that while Damian Jackson is a war hero, and we are fortunate to have such an great inspiration in our weigh room, on the practice field, in the classroom etc etc, it did not seem to equate to motivating everyone to give maximum effort. I wanted to give credit to HCSF and all the coaches for bringing that culture from the top.

There have been many posts, interviews with former players on how other players held players accountable. Team leaders etc. I don't know exactly what Frost saw when he showed up, but he verbalized a team out of shape. In all this discussion I've been thought provoked into considering this as a 'play' by him. Maybe the team wasn't as bad as he let on for posture. Maybe guys like Jackson really are inspiring an entire team to S & C greatness.

Just one of the many dialogues during the offseason.
You are right, I did question the wrong guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back