• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damian

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Dude seems to be in darn near EVERY video tweeted out by Zach Duval. His leadership and team focus must be off the chart. He’s got to be a massive culture force multiplier. He may not have the god given talent to be a contributor on the field, but a contributor he is.

I bet he’s on the S&C staff after graduation

How much weight is that I counted 700 or 705 depending on the ends. That's a whole lot for a safety

Dude seems to be in darn near EVERY video tweeted out by Zach Duval. His leadership and team focus must be off the chart. He’s got to be a massive culture force multiplier. He may not have the god given talent to be a contributor on the field, but a contributor he is.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd really love to see Jackson get some meaningful time on the field. You have to love his attitude.

I know one thing, I’d hate to be in an altercation with him.. He is no doubt contributing. Glad he decided to be a Husker.

I agree ... that would be a 'feel good story' that I believe most, if not all, of us could get behind. Wish him nothing but the best.

There is only one ingrate I think would poo poo it, but that would just further downgrade my opinion of that individual.

I'd love to see it. What better way to show what hard work can earn an individual?

I don’t question Damien’s positive influence. However, Frost is on record at being embarrassed by our strength and conditioning on his arrival. Damien was here before Scott. It has to come from the top evidently.

I think Damian's going to go on to be quite successful (in whatever), and I hope he spends some time working for Duval as a GA or whatever they have in S&C. I also spotted him in that video and thought "he's turning into a team leader from the weightroom". Good things.

I don’t question Damien’s positive influence. However, Frost is on record at being embarrassed by our strength and conditioning on his arrival. Damien was here before Scott. It has to come from the top evidently.
That does not mean every individual player was out of shape. It is an overall statement which many of us saw.

That does not mean every individual player was out of shape. It is an overall statement which many of us saw.

Huh?

HCSF has repeatedly emphasized how we we, on his arrival, and during games last year, the weaker smaller poorly conditioned team. And it was an embarrassment. That is the reality verbalized by our head coach. This occurred regardless of anything; to include an inspirational leader in the weight room.

I maintain that, while nice/important to have, inspirational leaders are insufficient in instilling the necessary culture to have a successful S & C program.

Again, comes from the top.

I re-read my original post. Just to clarify, never intended to imply that Damien was out of shape. Just that one leader like him didn’t exactly inspire a whole team, as evidenced by Frost’s critique.

Huh?

HCSF has repeatedly emphasized how we we, on his arrival, and during games last year, the weaker smaller poorly conditioned team. And it was an embarrassment. That is the reality verbalized by our head coach. This occurred regardless of anything; to include an inspirational leader in the weight room.

I maintain that, while nice/important to have, inspirational leaders are insufficient in instilling the necessary culture to have a successful S & C program.

Again, comes from the top.
How in the hell would Damien Jackson KNOW what culture Scott Frost would be trying to instill in this squad BEFORE he was even hired. Your observation misses the mark by a wide margin ---- not even logical.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back