• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cudos to Roby

skerBob

Just another unsuspecting mammal
5 Year Member
For a baby-faced kid with a skinny, frame he sure hung tough last night. Minnesota deliberately worked the ball to his man, Jordan Murphy, who tried everything to get to the basket including just running through Roby again and again. Surprisingly, Roby stayed out of foul trouble, had two blocks, and effectively slowed down Murphy just enough.

While Roby didn't get credit for any steals, the play he made late in the second half to get a Minnesota player to step on he end line was beautiful. He also played text book defense to draw the charge on Murphy that gave the ball back to the Huskers for their last possession that led to Palmer's game-winning free throws.

Sure Palmer go tot be the hero, but in my book, Roby was the MVP.

For a baby-faced kid with a skinny, frame he sure hung tough last night. Minnesota deliberately worked the ball to his man, Jordan Murphy, who tried everything to get to the basket including just running through Roby again and again. Surprisingly, Roby stayed out of foul trouble, had two blocks, and effectively slowed down Murphy just enough.

While Roby didn't get credit for any steals, the play he made late in the second half to get a Minnesota player to step on he end line was beautiful. He also played text book defense to draw the charge on Murphy that gave the ball back to the Huskers for their last possession that led to Palmer's game-winning free throws.

Sure Palmer go tot be the hero, but in my book, Roby was the MVP.
Roby is finding ways to contribute more each game. Hope we get to watch him again next year. And Thomas Allen, Amir Harris, etc.

Roby is finding ways to contribute more each game. Hope we get to watch him again next year. And Thomas Allen, Amir Harris, etc.

I agree. A couple games I felt he was a liability, but I think it’s more his confidence level. He needs to be pushed to be more aggressive in his shooting and driving. I think he has good moves when he does drive to the basket as long as he doesn’t hesitate. It’s that hesitation where he needs a confidence boost to help him realize he can do it. Just my :Sign2cents:

Last edited:
I actually don't mind the hesitation at the three point line if he's not ready to shoot as he isn't a natural outside shooter. he needs to be ready to shoot more especially coming off a screen or against a big who's guarding the drive. Best thing I have seen from him is getting pissed at Glynn against Maryland... that's maybe the beginning of leadership. Okay also best thing is getting a rebound, leading the break and finishing.

he needs to be ready to shoot more especially coming off a screen or against a big who's guarding the drive.

Yeah, this is kinda what I meant. I just didn't state it quite right. As to the 3's, when he gets set he seems to be a pretty good shot.

getting pissed at Glynn against Maryland... that's maybe the beginning of leadership.

I enjoyed that as well...and I hope that leadership is coming to the fore. Plenty of season left to see if he builds on it.

As far as Allen, I think he's coming along quite well. Amir, I think is trying to get back in the swing of things after being off so long. I'm looking to see more from him as well.

Last edited:
I he needs to be ready to shoot more especially coming off a screen or against a big who's guarding the drive.
Yep. He doesn't have a rhythm going where catching the pass, squaring up, and shooting are one fluid motion. It's frustrating to watch because he always drives and with spectacular but mixed results. Five turnovers against the Gophers, mostly dribbling errors. If he shot from outside more, he'd make some and pull the other teams' five who's guarding him out of the middle. That would help everybody else especially Palmer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back