• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Thought I started on before but seems I fogot to hit "submit". Rather than clog the board every time CU plays or has news I'll mostly keep it to this thread.

CU up to 17 in the coaches poll and enters the AP at 19. Not that the polls are all that important right now but it's never a bad thing to get that kind of recognition. The longer they stay in the rankings the longer they are in the minds of NCAA selection committee types. If CU can go 10-2 in the OOC (includes what should be a decent Bracket Buster match-up) and 14-4 in conference that should be enough to make the tourney....SHOULD be. We'll see. Winning the conference tourney is preferrable...no sense leaving it up to the committee.

They've shown they can win a few different ways so far. Running away from lesser competition, essentially outscoring a talented team on the road (SDSU) or slugging it out with a slow-it-down opponent (NU) at home. Obviously a good sign.

Good publicity for McDermott. On the from page of espn.com's college basketball section tonight.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...d/41325/get-to-know-creightons-doug-mcdermott

The season really started for McDermott this summer.

He was one of 12 players picked to represent the United States in the U19 FIBA World Championship in Latvia, where he averaged 11.3 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.

“It just showed my potential and it was a great experience for me, brought a lot of confidence coming into this season,” he said.

As he competed next to players such as UConn’s Jeremy Lamb and Florida’s Patric Young, he realized that he was closer to the upper echelon of college basketball than he'd previously thought. Others recognized his growth, too, as evidenced by his preseason All-America consideration.

I think it's on regular TV so I'll be checking that one out from the living room.

It is. KMTV, although Comcast is producing it so maybe it will be in HD??? Joe Lunardi is doing the color (no Travis on pxp).

CUAD is holding a viewing party at the downtown DJ's...

CU down 35-30 at the half. Not too bad given the poor shooting. Someone, in addition to McDermott, is going to need to hit some shots. He's got 14 at the half but Young is 2-7...need to hit some of those open shots he's getting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back