• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread 2017-2018 Season

I went to the Creighton game last night (I live in Omaha and got free tickets). Look like the typical Creighton to me...good shooters that look good and win when they get hot. Could possibly win a game in the tournament but not a contender for the final four or anything.
Creighton is certainly more than a "win when they get hot" team. But like bubba said, nobody is under any delusions of a final 4 run.

This team is 1 game away from finishing 3rd in one of the top 2 conferences in the country. A sweet 16 run isn't out of the question...nor is 1 and done.

Last edited:
Hard to beat a team that throws up shots from half court and makes them. That said you know that is all they can do so you gotta get out on them.

I am SO glad Tyler Clements career is almost over. Mac's fascination with him is mind boggling.

I think they are locked into a 4/5 seed for NYC. Win it and X would be the game 2 opponent...owe them one.

I've had to watch a few CU games while in Vegas....I think they've lost them all. Maybe I need to quit going to vegas!

I hope they get another crack at Marquette...although it's unlikely that Marq would get through to the final.

CU really needs Harrell and Epperson to be able to play on Thursday. If they both sit they lose Thursday and the jays are looking at a 9/10 seed.

They play providence in game 1. that's a match-up I don't mind at all. The game at Providence was the first, I think, without Kramplj. Lost by 14 after a close first half. Spanked the Friars in Omaha after that by about 20. X would be next. Tough match-up obviously but with all hands on deck I think it could be a close game. 1-1 puts CU in that 7-8 range I'd guess. Obviously, everybody wants to avoid that 8/9 game.

Foster was named 1st team all BE. That's 2 out of 2 for him. That is a transfer that surely worked out very well for CU. Thomas got 2nd team and sole Defensive POY. Ballock was on the all frosh team.

CU really needs Harrell and Epperson to be able to play on Thursday. If they both sit they lose Thursday and the jays are looking at a 9/10 seed.

I haven't read any updates on these guys. I think CU needs Epperson more...... or maybe it's just that I like seeing this kid develop and I would be more disappointed if he's unable to go, but despite his inexperience CU still needs him down low.

I haven't read any updates on these guys. I think CU needs Epperson more...... or maybe it's just that I like seeing this kid develop and I would be more disappointed if he's unable to go, but despite his inexperience CU still needs him down low.
I think I heard Mac say they were hoping Jacob and Harrell could practice yesterday....so I assume it must be relatively minor with Epperson and getting better with Harrell

Sounds like both Harrell and Epperson will both be playing. Not sure the level of their health...i.e. 100% or whatever.

Saw somewhere thay CU is a 4 or favorite over providence. I agree with Bahe that if cu can keep it close on the boards that CU should win. Let providence clober them in the boards and sloooow the game down and it's trouble.

Providence leads 24 - 19 in an ugly game so far. 3:18 left in the first half. Creighton seems to have the big MO at the moment though.

Blue Jays(*) are making the Fryars look like they've never played a game all of the sudden. 30 - 26 Creighton.

* HAHA!!! I mean, Bluejays.

Both teams ice cold from outside. Providence dominating the boards (7 ORB to 1) and that is a very bad sign.

I bet on CU at the start. -3.5

At the half it was obvious they couldn't rebound so i bet on providence +1. Mitigated the damage.

Too soft.

Last edited:

Looking right at an 8/9 matchup with little hope of advancing past the first weekend. Maybe slipping to the 8/9 will get them paired with KU and play in Wichita, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Creighton isn’t very good right now.

They really haven't looked good for a while, except for the Nova game....and a lot of that was Nova not playing that well. However, despite poor shooting and turnovers, CU still had a chance to beat Providence yesterday....and should have in regulation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back