• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread 2012-2013

getting the 8 would be awful at least with the 7 they wouldnt play the 1 seed if they were able to win

Anyone see this on yahoo? Thought you all would be interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...nt-hits-half-court-shot-220608405--ncaab.html

Anyone on here go to the game? Goes to show you how important it is to PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whiteflag:

I was there. We were just getting to our seats before the game. Guy hit the FT and headed toward halfcourt...you could clearly hear the announcer say "YOU HAVE TO SHOOT THE 3!" By making that mistake was there ANY doubt that half court shot was going in? The place was going a little nuts but I told my brother "that idiot blew it!"

Funny stuff.

What a great weekend of basketball. The first two games weren't exactly show stoppers and that was fine by me. There was enough stress today to make up for it. I honestly believed CU would lose if they didn't score on that final possession. And when I saw Manigat taking it to the lane I was certain he wasn't going to make whatever he put up.

1. McDermott was great the first two games. Hall kind of had his number today but doug still got shots off that he normally hits. He just didn't hit them. Just one of those days. One foul he got was entirely Manigat's fault...McD was trying to set a pick and manigat led him straight into a foul. Another foul that was pretty cheap...if THAT was a foul all day then he would have shot 18 free throws.

2. The good news is Manigat and Wragge picked a great day to break out of LONG slumps. Except for defense Manigat has been straight up terrible for about 5 or 6 weeks. And Wragge seemed to have lost all confidence in his shot. Today was one of those days though where it looked like every shot he took was going in. Great timing by those two.

3. St. Louis is going to miss Creighton fans if this Big East thing happens. Pivovar kept estimating 6,000 CU fans in his articles but there was more than that there. Today's attendance was 16k+ and I can assure you at least half were CU fans. 1/3 were WSU and the rest were "other". Great atmosphere for a neutral court situation. I'm REALLY glad it was Wichita State today.

4. Gregory Echinique was a freakin ANIMAL Friday and Sunday. 11 points, 11 boards and 6 blocks Friday and 9, 11 and 6 today. When he gets a bug up his arse he's and absolute force inside. Unfortunately, he's sometimes a little mild mannered.

5. That drive home sucked big time. All good until Rock Port. 2.5 hours of white knuckle driving after that. LOTS of cars (several rolled) in the the median.

6. Seeding. CU is worthy of a 6. But I have little faith the committee will see it. Last year they were coming off a Valley tourney win, ranked 19th going into the selection and got an 8. I assume they'll get screwed again with an 8 or 9. My hope is that if they do get that seed that the 1 in their bracket is Gonzaga. Personally, I don't think they are all that great. NO DOUBT they are very good but I think they can be had. CU is on a roll right now...which is why I hate that their conf. tourney is this weekend. Now it's a week and a half at the soonest that they play again. I think the other #1s would be certain losses.

Good weekend for Creighton. I keep reading that Creighton could get a 6 seed, but i just don't see it. Not because their numbers don't add up, but because of the way Creighton has been underseeded in the past (in comparison to similarly seeded teams). The only reason Creighton is placed at their peak seed is because the selection committee is a little more aware of the team this year because of Doug. IMO, if KU gets a 2 seed, I could see Creighton getting a 7 seed and being paired up with KU in the KC pod. Wouldn't surprise me that if Mizzou fails to make it to the SEC title game that they fall to a 10 seed and play Creighton in the round of 64 in KC.

I would have been standing somewhere under the "pepsi plaza" sign at the time (above and behind where the CU players are lined up. Wasn't at my seats yet. Even if I had I wouldn't have been able to ID myself...we were way up there. As always I'll take a high mid-court seat over a corner/end seat EVERY time no matter how high up it is.

RPI: 25 (per realtimerpi.com)
BPI: 12
Kenpom: 15
AP: 23
Coaches: 24

No power conference team would have those rankings and get less than a 6. 7 at the absolute worst.

I have tickets to the games in Kansas City and sure hope Creighton is sent there!

Hoping the news of Creighton's move to the new Big East will be motivation for McDermott to stay for one more year.

Would be a great NBA resume building year in the new conference.

After winning the MVC regular season and tourney, he may have felt there was nothing left to accomplish. Now the prospect of the new conference (and helping his dad survive the first year), has got to get Doug excited.

I'm liking the Cincinatti match up more and more.

Cincy is a tough, athletic team that plays excellent defense and rebounds well. They are a poor shooting and poor scoring team. Sound familiar? Think Wichita St.

Prior to the 5 game win streak I wouldn't say CU had a great chance. But they are back to playing the way they did on the way to a 17-1 start. The contrasting style doesn't bother me at all. CU obviously is a much better scoring team...they'll want to push the ball a little and have a high possession game. The good news is that if CU is successful in getting the game to go they way they want it to I give Cincy very little chance...say a game in the 70s or higher. Cincy simply won't be able to score enough. The other good news is that if Cincy gets the game in the 50s or 60s it's not like that gives them a great advantage...that just means the game will be very tight coming down the stretch...a coin toss, if you will. In tight games FTs become a big deal. CU shoots 75% from the line and Cincy shoots 64%.

If you call it a 50-50 chance in the 50s or 60s I'd call it 80-20 in CU's favor if it's in the 70s. That gives CU a 65% chance to win in my opinion.

CU 72
Cincy 64

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back