• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread '16-'17

Center Mark Donnal...grad transfer from Michigan was in for a visit this weekend. This would be a very important get for CU. As it stands right now Epperson would be the only true center on the roster next year and he's got a lot of physical development to do before he's ready to be a factor. Other than that there is Hegner at 6'10" who is more of a stretch 4 and Kramplj who is 6'9" but more of a 4...supposedly has a nice outside stroke but we haven't had much chance to see it yet. An experienced, true center like Donnal would go a LONG way for next season.

Lots of smoke right now that Tugs Bowen will be a Jay. Has received multiple CB's on 247.
I'm still in the "believe it when I see it" camp.

I'm concerned that after the two wings stayed at Arizona (Trier) and MSU (Bridges) the conventional wisdom seemed to point to CU. But he still hasn't pulled the trigger...leading me down the negative Nancy path. Now apparently he has publicly acknowledged that Oregon, Missou and maybe Illinois have entered the conversation late. He has had a final 5 for a while (although Texas and NC St. don't really appear to be serious contenders). Saw an article where he said he wouldn't necessarily rule out the others.

I don't know if the kid is really indecisive or just really deliberate in his decision making. He said he'd make a decision for sure in April...thats about as late as you could make one.

I'm still in the "believe it when I see it" camp.

I'm concerned that after the two wings stayed at Arizona (Trier) and MSU (Bridges) the conventional wisdom seemed to point to CU. But he still hasn't pulled the trigger...leading me down the negative Nancy path. Now apparently he has publicly acknowledged that Oregon, Missou and maybe Illinois have entered the conversation late. He has had a final 5 for a while (although Texas and NC St. don't really appear to be serious contenders). Saw an article where he said he wouldn't necessarily rule out the others.

I don't know if the kid is really indecisive or just really deliberate in his decision making. He said he'd make a decision for sure in April...thats about as late as you could make one.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I've read he wants to play right away so that obviously factors in. I'm pretty sure he wants to be a "one and done" so to speak. Times have certainly changed at Creighton.

How many openings does Creighton have for next season? By my count it looks like they're at 11 scholarships - maybe 12 at the moment. Dunkum claimed he was being placed on scholarship in the summer, is that still happening?

Dunkum confirmed with The World-Herald that he will join the Bluejays in January -- and he said the plan is for him to placed on scholarship by the summer. He can practice with the team, but he won't be eligible to play for the Bluejays until the end of next year's fall semester.

Creighton adding transfer forward Sam Dunkum to roster next month

I believe there is room for 2. Tugs and hopefully the Michigan transfer.

Dunkum may be engaging in some wishful thinking. If there's a scholarship laying around he may gobble it up but if they are full...

I believe there is room for 2. Tugs and hopefully the Michigan transfer.

Dunkum may be engaging in some wishful thinking. If there's a scholarship laying around he may gobble it up but if they are full...

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that McDermott would put Dunkum on scholarship. He transferred up from Lafayette College and has essentially redshirted the last two years. But at the end of the day, that height is valuable.

At this point I don't see Tugs picking CU. He has all the info he needs right now to do so so what would the point be of waiting?

Someone theorized that there's another Arizona player that declared but didn't hire an agent yet and that that might be what he's waiting on. I'm just repeating message board chatter so who the hell knows if it holds any water or not.

Rawle Alkins and Chance Comanche from UofA have not hired an agent. Right now there are 137 underclassmen that have declared for the draft! Add in another 44 international players. They have until May 24 to withdraw if they haven't hired an agent. Pretty much holding their school hostage for a period.

At this point I don't see Tugs picking CU. He has all the info he needs right now to do so so what would the point be of waiting?

Someone theorized that there's another Arizona player that declared but didn't hire an agent yet and that that might be what he's waiting on. I'm just repeating message board chatter so who the hell knows if it holds any water or not.

I agree. He would have committed already. Oregon might be making a late push.

Kobe Paras is gone. Creighton now has three scholarships open for next season.

Creighton wing Kobe Paras received a release from his scholarship and plans to transfer. The 6-foot-6, 200-pound Paras, who has a celebrity-type following in his home country of the Philippines, played in 15 of CU’s 35 games during his freshman season — contributing as a key member of the Bluejays’ scout team. He averaged 1.3 points, 1.0 rebounds and 4.7 minutes in limited game action.

Creighton freshman Kobe Paras receives scholarship release, plans to transfer

Not surprising. He didn't appear to be in line for a lot of minutes...he could have used a red shirt year because he was never going to get much of a chance this past season. But I suspect more and more guys are going to decline a red shirt as a frosh in order to make a transfer possible later.

I think the ship has sailed on Bowen. I really don't want this to sound like sour grapes but now 247 has DePaul as his second most likely destination behind MSU. CU now last so either way I think he's out for CU...but DePaul?????? Apparently they hired his HS and AAU coaches which seems an obvious attempt to lure him.

DePaul is a joke of a program that plays their home games in front of friends, family and opposition fans. It's a terrible team and program. Bowen is really good. But a program changer? He's not that good...good enough that you can surround him with stiffs and go make the dance. All "IMO" of course. The fact that he'd obviously get 20+ shots a game there is appealing but the risk of being exposed is greater too. At MSU or Arizona or even Creighton opposing teams couldn't design their whole defense around stopping him. At DePaul that's exactly what would happen.

This kid's decision making (errr...inability to make a decision) has me rather disinterested. If he chose MSU or Arizona a month ago or a week ago I wouldn't have had any sour grapes. But I'm "whatever" at this point. THAT SAID I fully reserve the right to do a 180 and praise what a great decision he will have made if he chooses CU. :Biggrin:

As for the others those that supposedly "know things" say CU hs a good shot at the UMASS transfers. That would be great but of no help next year. I was really hoping for Donnal because CU lacks a real center for next year. Epperson will be good but he's a toothpick and needs a RS year. Suarez apparently would be eligible right away and looks to have the body to at least play defense and rebound which is what CU needs most out of that position. I see next year as a bit of a transition year for CU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back