• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread '14-15

Great showing by CU. Best team and coach in Nebraska.

:confused: You do realize Creighton had about as poor of a season as NU, right? Their records were nearly identical. NU won one more conference game. Creighton won one more game overall. Both sub-.500. There is nothing to celebrate about hoops in the state of Nebraska this season.

Also, I didn't realize you were a Creighton fan. I'm not sure if bilsker will be pleased to know this. :)

Last edited:
:confused: You do realize Creighton had about as poor of a season as NU, right? Their records were nearly identical. NU won one more conference game. Creighton won one more game overall. Both sub-.500. There is nothing to celebrate about hoops in the state of Nebraska this season.

Also, I didn't realize you were a Creighton fan. I'm not sure if bilsker will be pleased to know this. :)

Hwm...I have to take issue with the "nearly identical season" thing. Yes, their records were pretty much the same.

That's about where the comparison ends. Of course there is the head to head factor where I'd say McDermott took it to miles. But the most important parts were that while CU struggled in the first half of the conference season they rarely got thumped, they never quit, they stuck together, nobody took the "me" approach, didn't exhibit crap attitudes and went into the tourney with an honest belief they could win it. There is very little to question coach Mac on. There are no polls on the Jays board speculating about how much longer Mac should be given. While not thrilled with the record many fans were thrilled with the heart they showed going toe to toe with the likes of villanova, Georgetown, butler and Xavier down the stretch.

conversely, NU folded like a cheap suit. Their star acted like a prima Donna on the court. Individualism reared its head. They often didn't look like they belonged on the court with teams that shouldn't have thumped them (i.e. iowa). And Miles has rightly been criticized.

So there is a definite different fan vibe between the two bball boards I frequent.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back