• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cotton growing at Notre Dame

Not sure of why the hate with ND. Especially since we own them most of the times we played them. The only thing I can chalk it up to is anti Catholic Bias or jealousy because some think they get more attention then us. I am not a fan, I also do not hate them. It is like hating Stanford, or TCU. They have rarely if ever had a negative affect on us.

Before people go high and to the right about my bringing up anti catholic bias. The school has a long undistinguished history of it. The reason ND stopped playing us in the 20s had little to do with us beating them and a lot to do with Anti catholic slurs by the students and the press. I also have on multiple occasions had to correct people on this board that my old Highschool does not owe there success to offering athletic Scholarships to players. So although it may not be the posters today. it does exist on the board. https://books.google.com/books?id=P...braska anti catholic slurs notre Dame&f=false

Not sure of why the hate with ND. Especially since we own them most of the times we played them. The only thing I can chalk it up to is anti Catholic Bias or jealousy because some think they get more attention then us. I am not a fan, I also do not hate them. It is like hating Stanford, or TCU. They have rarely if ever had a negative affect on us.

Before people go high and to the right about my bringing up anti catholic bias. The school has a long undistinguished history of it. The reason ND stopped playing us in the 20s had little to do with us beating them and a lot to do with Anti catholic slurs by the students and the press. I also have on multiple occasions had to correct people on this board that my old Highschool does not owe there success to offering athletic Scholarships to players. So although it may not be the posters today. it does exist on the board. https://books.google.com/books?id=P7HcdeMw5AAC&pg=PA235&lpg=PA235&dq=nebraska+anti+catholic+slurs+notre+Dame&source=bl&ots=OBoOPnn_BN&sig=ACfU3U1pVpIFlxcOTEc3rraQD58_JuqgSA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjG4u7_78fgAhUNbawKHV_NBncQ6AEwCXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=nebraska anti catholic slurs notre Dame&f=false

Not about religion, I just don't like ND. Use to love them long time ago, would watch their replay of games on channel 3 on Sunday morning. At some point the 'fawning' over them got old, thinking they're better than everyone else, I know they are looking out for themselves, but it is old. Beautiful campus, great teams, but I don't like them. Read the book 'Under the Tarnished Dome', they are as dirty as the next guy (including Nebraska) but they come across as they are better than everyone.

Pretty easy. They do not belong to a conference, therefore appear to be able to do whatever they want as far as that goes. But then the basketball team is in a conference. It does not make much sense to me.

Not about religion, I just don't like ND. Use to love them long time ago, would watch their replay of games on channel 3 on Sunday morning. At some point the 'fawning' over them got old, thinking they're better than everyone else, I know they are looking out for themselves, but it is old. Beautiful campus, great teams, but I don't like them. Read the book 'Under the Tarnished Dome', they are as dirty as the next guy (including Nebraska) but they come across as they are better than everyone.
Thanks for not taking offense to the idea of it though. Also thanks for the explanation.

Before people go high and to the right about my bringing up anti catholic bias. The school has a long undistinguished history of it. The reason ND stopped playing us in the 20s had little to do with us beating them and a lot to do with Anti catholic slurs by the students and the press. I also have on multiple occasions had to correct people on this board that my old Highschool does not owe there success to offering athletic Scholarships to players. So although it may not be the posters today. it does exist on the board. https://books.google.com/books?id=P7HcdeMw5AAC&pg=PA235&lpg=PA235&dq=nebraska+anti+catholic+slurs+notre+Dame&source=bl&ots=OBoOPnn_BN&sig=ACfU3U1pVpIFlxcOTEc3rraQD58_JuqgSA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjG4u7_78fgAhUNbawKHV_NBncQ6AEwCXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=nebraska anti catholic slurs notre Dame&f=false
I’m a good chunk Irish and was brought up catholic...but I can’t stand Notre Dame. There’s a lot of reasons:
-Over rated so many years
-Elitist attitude
-Too good join conference
-Have their own network channel
-Talking heads always discussing them no matter how bad they are
-Catholics I’ve seen root for them just because they’re catholic
-Lou Holtz, couldn’t stand his slurred nonsense on ESPN stroking ND
-They’re in the B1G recruiting footprint

I’m a good chunk Irish and was brought up catholic...but I can’t stand Notre Dame. There’s a lot of reasons:
-Over rated so many years
-Elitist attitude
-Too good join conference
-Have their own network channel
-Talking heads always discussing them no matter how bad they are
-Catholics I’ve seen root for them just because they’re catholic
-Lou Holtz, couldn’t stand his slurred nonsense on ESPN stroking ND
-They’re in the B1G recruiting footprint
Take 1 minor issue with your assessment. They recruit more nationally than any team in the country. So they are not a huge drain on the B1G footprint. Only 8 out of 22 are in the footprint. Only 9 of ours were for that matter. So they may be smack dab in the middle of he B1G but they are not that disruptive recruiting it. Also I can not remember the last time we went head to head with them on a recruit.

Especially since we own them most of the times we played them.

Not really, we lead by 1 game. (8-7-1)

From 1915 to 1947 they led (5-7-1)

We won the last 3; in 1973, 2000 & 2001.

I don't hate them, just wish they would join a conference. I used to wish we were independent and brought in all the TV money. Sometimes I still do.

Oh man, I had forgotten about those replays on Channel 3 on Sunday mornings! Brings back memories, for sure. I also remember when the Bob Devaney Show was on at noon on Sunday. Had to hurry home from church to make the start.

Oh man, I had forgotten about those replays on Channel 3 on Sunday mornings! Brings back memories, for sure. I also remember when the Bob Devaney Show was on at noon on Sunday. Had to hurry home from church to make the start.
Yes. Anything to get more college football. Also on Sundays, at least where I was on the east coast, was that show with Art or Bill Fleming (whichever wasn’t the game show host) where they would have highlights of a handful of games. He would always call defenders “wood bee” tacklers regardless of the team’s nickname. I was really young and it took me a while to figure out he was saying “would be.” Since these were the days of one game on ABC each Saturday, I would have done anything to see more. After moving to Omaha, I realized I could pull in LSU night games on an am radio. Good times.

Oh, good luck Ben!

I'm Catholic and I'm not a Notre Dame fan. I don't like their treatment as a special case whenever rules are made for BCS, etc. They always have tremendous recruiting classes and massive hype, but rarely achieve anything. There are always too many Beano Cook types telling us how they are the national champs this year and their latest QB is a shoe-in for the Heisman. It's nauseating. Lastly, they turned down a bowl offer one year because the bowl wasn't good enough for them. It's one thing for a fan to not want to attend a bowl game. It's obnoxious when the university does it, especially when their record didn't warrant a better bowl game.

good for ben. still hate a and m over that ref job on bo. who was the announcer for those sunday morning highlite games for duffy Daugherty and nd? gritty voice still stuck in my memory

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back