• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Costa Rica 4 USA 0 (WCQ)

I waited awhile to post this, I was so mad, I did not want Red Reign to have to ban me for what I wanted to say last night.

I really want Klinsmann to succeed. I am a Germany fan, and a Klinsmann fan...as a player, also a Bayern Munich fan, and when Phillip Lahm talks bad about you...well, that speaks volumes as he never does that about anyone.

I told some people last year that if he stays, they fail to qualify for the World Cup, and sadly I do not think the US moves him out unless that happens.

I am concerned about the arrogance, it started with relationships, or lack there of with Landon and Boca. Now we see him constantly make changes that the club teams do not make. He plays players out of position repeatedly with an arrogance that he knows better than everyone else. His players do not seem to play with fire or heart and he makes substitutions like Gooch for Pulisic that baffle everyone but him.

I will continue to support and cheer for USA Soccer, but teams in CONCACAF now look at us as beatable and the road ahead will not be easy. We likely need 15 points to make it into the next round, be it as a qualifier or in a playoff...I find it hard to look at the schedule and see the points.

I feel it is time for a change, the team looked like they quit the other day, and yes that is on the players, but the team is a reflection of the coach. The team looks confused, unsure of themselves or the plan, uncomfortable...the result of an arrogant coach who has FAILED to develop a plan to get us to the next level...JK, I loved you in Germany and Bayern kits, but my man, it is time for you to go off into the sunset

That and other comments made by B. Munich players and management/ownership were the reason I did like and have not liked the hire from day one.

Oh and I agree Gualti is going to ride this one out.

Guys like Lahm (not in his nature) rarely say the things he did about coaches and it was tell-tale to me.

Look great players in any sport rarely are great coaches. For all the obvious reasons. Kilinsman was a great player but is not a student of the game and his arrogance and ego take him the rest of the way down. That tends to be why fringe players make great coaches because they are students of the game and possess little to no ego.

On a lighter note Landon Donvan is now part of the ownership group at Swansea City

Yeah I was pretty PO'd myself last night. Just a disaster and I am being nice.

England looks like Shangrala compared this total cluster

I waited awhile to post this, I was so mad, I did not want Red Reign to have to ban me for what I wanted to say last night.

I really want Klinsmann to succeed. I am a Germany fan, and a Klinsmann fan...as a player, also a Bayern Munich fan, and when Phillip Lahm talks bad about you...well, that speaks volumes as he never does that about anyone.

I told some people last year that if he stays, they fail to qualify for the World Cup, and sadly I do not think the US moves him out unless that happens.

I am concerned about the arrogance, it started with relationships, or lack there of with Landon and Boca. Now we see him constantly make changes that the club teams do not make. He plays players out of position repeatedly with an arrogance that he knows better than everyone else. His players do not seem to play with fire or heart and he makes substitutions like Gooch for Pulisic that baffle everyone but him.

I will continue to support and cheer for USA Soccer, but teams in CONCACAF now look at us as beatable and the road ahead will not be easy. We likely need 15 points to make it into the next round, be it as a qualifier or in a playoff...I find it hard to look at the schedule and see the points.

I feel it is time for a change, the team looked like they quit the other day, and yes that is on the players, but the team is a reflection of the coach. The team looks confused, unsure of themselves or the plan, uncomfortable...the result of an arrogant coach who has FAILED to develop a plan to get us to the next level...JK, I loved you in Germany and Bayern kits, but my man, it is time for you to go off into the sunset

Last edited:

Random thing:

Graham Zusi is still on the USMNT. Has anyone seen Zusi play in the past 2 years besides me? Probably not many. That's because he's either hurt, or Jacob F'in Peterson is a better play than him. Jacob Peterson.

Listen, I love Zusi because he plays for SKC. But he sucks. He's sucked for 2 years. He's, at best, a nice sub to bring in during the 74th minute in a game you're trailing because he can send in crosses. And that's all he can do. He can't defend, he doesn't control the ball well, he doesn't even link up all that well. Yet, that guy is still on our National Team. The ONLY reason he's there is because JK likes him. And THAT is one major reason JK needs shown the door ASAP. He picks the team based on something other than how they can play. I can name 10 guys (minimum) off the top of my head in MLS who play up who can do everything on the pitch better than Zusi. Yet there he still is.

Seriously...what does he have to do to be fired?? What kind of bubble is Gulati living in if he thinks this will work out??? I am mystified, disappointed, and crushed for the young players who are being wasted in this lost cause of ego and attempted face saving. Apparently JK/SG would rather lose a WC cycle and a generation of players (didn't qualify for Olympics either) than admit being wrong. Unbelievable. Sickening.

More on McBride from ESPN FC today. He stated that Klinsman playing guys out of position, line-up changes, tactical changes etc. were Klinsman's way of trying to show how smart he is which has been a huge failure as we all know.

Seriously...what does he have to do to be fired?? What kind of bubble is Gulati living in if he thinks this will work out??? I am mystified, disappointed, and crushed for the young players who are being wasted in this lost cause of ego and attempted face saving. Apparently JK/SG would rather lose a WC cycle and a generation of players (didn't qualify for Olympics either) than admit being wrong. Unbelievable. Sickening.

Could not agree more. Did not qualify for the Confederations Cup, back to back Olympic cycles and I could go on and on with the mess he has left in his wake. I provided quite a list of such in the England is interesting in Klinsman thread.

More on McBride from ESPN FC today. He stated that Klinsman playing guys out of position, line-up changes, tactical changes etc. were Klinsman's way of trying to show how smart he is which has been a huge failure as we all know.

Yeah I saw that, and BMC started by saying, "I am not one to call for guys losing their jobs, but..." and then mentioned all the reasons why.

And, as much as we list all these reasons, the main one...are we a better team now, than when he started?

Um
no

Yeah he was less than complimentary about Klinsman and that is not as norm for him.

Yeah I saw that, and BMC started by saying, "I am not one to call for guys losing their jobs, but..." and then mentioned all the reasons why.

And, as much as we list all these reasons, the main one...are we a better team now, than when he started?

Um
no

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back